1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Pensacola Area
Upscale Independent Living & Assisted Living in Gulf Shores, Alabama
- ARTFUL Dining: Our chefs demand meals be as exciting to the eyes as they are appetizing to the palate.
- There is no shortage of ZESTFUL Activities® here to keep the body healthy and the mind sharp.
- From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- We provide Independent Living, Assisted Living and Residential Villas
- We would love to meet you and share everything Seagrass Village of Gulf Shores will have to offer. Please contact us for an appointment or more information.
4 Independent Living Communities in the Pensacola Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- The Arbors of Gulf Breeze offers the finest senior living experience for those needing independent living, assisted living or memory care services. Come see how our caring team can provide a wonderful home environment for you or your loved ones.
- The Arbors is filled with luxuries to help you relax in a secure and comfortable atmosphere. Socialize in the lounge, plan a barbecue with new friends or just sit back and take in the beautiful scenery around you.
- Enjoy the chance to engross yourself in new passions and curiosities, make lasting friendships and explore new opportunities.
- The Arbors features all-inclusive, 5-star dining, daily social hours, complimentary housekeeping and a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- In Memory Care, we have customized care programs, skilled medication administration and regular evaluations in place, you can be confident that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
Senior Living at it's Finest!
- 1706 E. Olive Road, Pensacola, FL 32514
- 24-Hr. Assistance w/ADL
- Medication Assistance
- Special Diets Available
- Large spacious rooms and apartments
- Warm and caring staff dedicated to outstanding service to Seniors
Welcome to Veranda - An Independent Living and Assisted Living Retirement Community
- 6982 Pine Forest Road, Pensacola, FL 32526
- Luxury retirement apartments with 9' ceilings
- Walk-in closets and fully equipped kitchens, including a full-size refrigerator, electric range and dishwasher
- Pet-friendly community
- The fitness center at Veranda includes stationary bikes and treadmills
- Our library is quite cozy with its fireplace and extensive collection of books
The Gulf Coasts hidden treasue, come home to LiveOak Village!
- 2300 North Cedar St., Foley, AL 36535
- Spacious Apartment (one/two bedroom floor plans)
- Three well balanced meals daily/Optional meal plan
- Clubhouse and pool membership
- Secure Gated Access to 55+ community
- 24-Hour Emergency Call System
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.