8 Independent Living Communities in the Orem Area
A robust senior living community in Orem, UT, featuring views of surrounding mountains
325 W Center, Orem, UT 84057
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Light Linen Service and Weekly Housekeeping
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
- Fitness Equipment, Billiards, Lounge Area, Library, Barber/Beauty Salon, Walking Paths
A Bridge to Better Living
1988 N Cove Point Ln, Provo, UT 84604
- Beautiful park-like estate surrounded by well-manicured landscaping, flower gardens, and shady trees.
- We provide three scrumptious, healthy meals a day, with special dinners for holidays and other occasions.
- Keep up on current events, study a new area of interest or find out about your ancestors in our beautiful library, computer room and family history center.
- Enjoy conversation in our lovely sitting rooms or watch your favorite shows in our television room. Play our baby grand piano or bask in the warmth of the fireplace.
- We offer an onsite fitness center and daily exercise programs to keep you active. We even offer onsite beauty and barber shop help keep you looking and feeling your best.
The Best of Assisted Living Communities in Sandy, UT
10970 South 700 East, Sandy, UT 84070
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
Live. Life. Vibrantly.
310 East 10600 South, Sandy, UT 84070
- At Solstice at Sandy, Independent Living means living a vibrant life on your terms.
- Remain independent and ditch the chores and burdens of owning or renting a home, while enjoying conveniences that make life easier in a retirement community.
- Our innovative Vibrant Life® and Path to Wellness programs keep residents engaged, and we offer a variety of amenities, including restaurant-style dining and a full calendar of fun activities.
- We know staying connected to loved ones is important, which is why we offer different ways of staying in touch and making sure friends and family are always in the loop.
- View Menu Solstice Senior Living at Sandy embraces an innovative approach to the dining experience. Enjoy a warm and comfortable dining room with the attention of an experienced culinary team.
A Senior Living Community in Murray, UT, Designed with Your Needs in Mind
971 East 5600 South, Murray, UT 84121
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Planned activities and events
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments and outings
- Resident Travel Program
DISCOVER WHAT FAMILY FEELS LIKE
4650 South Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84117
- Two restaurant-style dining rooms, two private dining rooms, and two bistros on-site
- Complete gym, hair salon, and theater room
- Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry, daily trash removal, scheduled transportation
- Pet-friendly community
- Trained team members available 24 hours a day
Be Excited - Be Amazed - Be a Part - Be Informed - Be Energized!
6183 S. Prairie View Drive, Suite 103A, Taylorsville, UT 84129
- A Life-Plan Community with spectaqcular mountain views
- A gated community on a 105-acre campus just 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City
- A strong focus on successful aging and it will also grow to include access to a full continuum of healthcare services
- Maintenance-free residences; engaging social activities & a 50,000 square foot clubhouse
- Healthy retirement living with a truly engaging lifestyle
Discover independent living and assisted living in Salt Lake City, Utah
3750 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84106
- Wellness center
- Scheduled transportation
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily
- Massage therapy
- Acres of beautifully maintained grounds
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.