12 Independent Living Communities in the Oregon Area
Celebrating Great Lives - INDEPENDENT LIVING, ASSISTED LIVING & MEMORY CARE IN OREGON, OHIO
- 3450 Seaman Rd, Oregon, OH 43616
- Move-In Assistance
- Organized Activities
- Close to Parks
- Walk-In Showers
- Respite Stay Program, Offering Short-Term Stays Up to 30 Days
Toledo - Luxury Community Living for Ages 55+
- 2125 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH 43609
- INTERCOM ENTRY SECURITY
- COMMUNITY ROOM
- LAUNDRY FACILITIES ON EACH FLOOR
- STATE-OF-THE-ART MOVIE THEATER, LIBRARY WITH COMPUTER LEARNING CENTER
- HOT WATER INCLUDED, CABLE-READY
Independent living, assisted living and memory care options in Toledo that focus on fulfilling relationships in a comfortable, supportive senior community.
- 3501 Executive Pkwy, Toledo, OH 43606
- No buy-in required; month-to-month lease; Security with call lights in every apartment; onsite emergency response staffed 24 hours a day
- Located in the Heart of West Toledo near shopping, expressway and downtown Toledo!
- Menu for Independent Living with multiple dining areas, including outdoor seating.
- Dedicated spiritual center for multi-denominational services
- Respite Memory Care
A ProMedica Senior Living Community
- 10542 Fremont Pike, Perrysburg, OH 43551
- Month-to-Month Rent, No Buy-In Fees
- Daily social, recreational and cultural activities
- All maintenance repairs included
- Beer & wine available with the evening meal
- Non-denominational chapel
Beautiful, lively independent senior living community in Toledo, OH
- 4560 W Alexis Road, Toledo, OH 43623
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning - everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
WELCOME TO OHIO LIVING SWAN CREEK
- 5916 Cresthaven Ln, Toledo, OH 43614
- Multiple dining venues, private dining room and pub
- Kridler-Meloy Wellness Center
- Reed Chapel
- Banking and postal services
- Technology Center with Internet access
WE ADD LIFE TO YOUR YEARS - Come Home to the Best Senior Living in Toledo
- 2429 S Reynolds Rd, Toledo, OH 43614
- Genesis Village offers a unique lifestyle that inspires physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and social well-being.
- Our 2,000 sq. ft. atrium is perfect for relaxing or playing games.
- Our atrium also features an indoor pool, custom-built whirlpool, and a cozy fireplace lounge.
- The atrium leads to a landscaped courtyard, and a high-quality fitness center to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Residents can enjoy our gardens, walking areas, activity room, library, and multimedia theater for large-screen movies and presentations.
Oakleaf Village Independent & Assisted Living Community in Toledo-Sylvania, OH; Memory Care at The Grove
- 4220 N Holland Sylvania Rd, Toledo, OH 43623
- 24/7 professional staff
- Evening safety checks
- Television lounge with 55″ TV, card tables and other amenities; Community room, with 100″ large screen TV with home theatre surround sound
- Juice, coffee bar
- Off-street parking, covered spots available
Live the Life
- 4230 N Holland-Sylvania Rd, Toledo, OH 43623, Toledo, OH 43623
- A variety of dining options
- A huge selection of activities to enjoy, and a mix of on and off-campus events
- Fun on-site amenities like an arts and crafts studio, golf simulator and more
- Spacious floorplans with balconies and walk-in closets available
- All-inclusive pricing
The best way to experience the lifestyle at The Waterford at Levis Commons is to come in for a tour.
- 7100 S. Wilkinson Way, Perrysburg, OH 43551
- 24-hour staffing with emergency call systems in all apartments
- Tastefully decorated common lounges and dining rooms
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Social, educational and recreational programs and activities
- Restaurant-style dining
IMAGINE... The Possibilities!
- 20311 Pemberville Road, Pemberville, OH 43450
- Access to all community amenities
- Access to all community activities
- Gas, electric and water
- Scheduled Transportation
- 24-hour call system
Care You Can Count On
- 4125 King Rd, Sylvania, OH 43560
- Meal, laundry, and housekeeping services
- Community events and socialization
- Nutrition and wellness support
- Complimentary resident concierge, secure entrances, 24/7 guest hours
- Respite care
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.