3 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Ocala Area
ELEVATE your expectations.
- The luxury and ease of living at Highpoint is further strengthened by our experienced leadership and management team as well as our all-inclusive rental financial structure – giving residents both assurance and predictability.
- You can count on us to pioneer the latest innovations in senior care to keep our residents healthy and protected. Designed with your safety in mind, we’ve taken a holistic approach to health and wellness that includes cutting-edge technology.
- Discover thoughtfully appointed, amenity-rich independent living designed to be both high-tech and high-touch.
- Restaurant-style and all-day farm-to-table dining with chef-prepared meals, Coffee bar with barista and a Rooftop bar and lounge
- Resort-style saltwater swimming pool, Full-service salon and spa, Billiards/game room, Dog Park and Fitness & exercise center
Coming Soon! Resort Living in Lady Lake
- A remarkable selection of social clubs, life-enriching activities, and recreational outlets
- complete with 24/7 service
- Professional chefs work hard to provide three wonderful, nutritious meals each day
- Our apartment homes are thoughtfully designed with full open kitchens and spacious closets.
Welcome to Your New Home
- Beautiful One and Two Bedroom Apartment Homes
- Complimentary Cable and Wi-Fi in all Apartments
- Heated Exercise Pool and Spa, Upscale Fitness Center and Wellness Spa
- Putting Green and Shuffleboard Courts, Game Lounge
- Elegant, Restaurant-Style Dining, Saloon with Full Bar
3 Independent Living Communities in the Ocala Area
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1801 SE 24 Road, Ocala, FL 34471
- Spacious Studio, One- and Two-Bedroom Plans
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Courtyard and Garden, Walking Paths
- Emergency Response System For Peace of Mind
Experience an active senior living community in Ocala, FL, just 75 miles north of Orlando, FL
- 1661 SE 31st Street, Ocala, FL 34471
- Your own private suite with multiple floor plans and options to choose from
- Three nutritious, chef-prepared meals a day
- A full calendar of activities, events, and volunteer opportunities
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Pets warmly welcomed
Your Life, Your Way, Every Day
- 1550 El Camino Real, The Villages, FL 32159
- Golf cart community connected to The Villages® Town Squares
- Multiple dining venues, including a formal dining room and the Pointe Pub
- Fully equipped fitness center with heated indoor pool and hot tub
- Lifelong learning, discussions, classes and outings
- Full-service salon, barbershop and spa
Other Independent Living Communities in the Ocala Area
Sumter Senior Living
It's not like home. It is home.
- 1550 Killingsworth Way, The Villages, FL 32162
- All services and amenities in The Villages are available to our residents
- 24 hour medical staff
- Maintenance-free, lock and leave lifestyle
- Respit Care and Senior Day Programs
- Golf cart parking and charging stations
Sumter Senior Living
Living Life Is Better At Sumter Senior Living In The Villages!
- 1490 Killingsworth Way, The Villages, FL 32162
- Luxury resort-style amenities, including an abundance of wellness activities & special events
- Individual and customized care plans, delivered with compassion
- Complimentary shuttle service, group outings & transportation to nearby shopping malls & local attractions
- Safe & secure memory care neighborhood with enrichment programs designed to help our residents thrive
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.