4 Independent Living Communities in the North Liberty Area
You’ve Reached the Summit Time to Enjoy the View
- 1275 W Forevergreen Rd, North Liberty, IA 52317
- No large entrance fee, buy-in or long-term commitment
- Continuum of care including distinct independent living, assisted living, and memory care neighborhoods that reflect and accommodate resident desires and lifestyles
- Some of the area's largest studio, one, and two bedroom/two bathroom assisted living apartment homes, many with either a balcony or patio
- Resident-driven Life Enrichment Program supports over 150 purposeful activities each month which provide endless opportunities for residents to engage, explore, and maximize personal wellness
- One of a select few communities offering access to a comprehensive array of on-site health services, including primary care physicians specializing in geriatric care
Iowa City Iowa Independent Senior Living
- 2423 Walden Road, Iowa City, IA 52246 $
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Senior Living & Memory Care in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 136 36th Avenue Southwest, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- 48 residential apartments and 20 memory care apartments all on one level for easy access
- Our services focus on wellness to help you maintain your health, so you can live as independently as possible
- Emeritus at Silver Pines feels like home the moment you walk through the doors
- Conveniently located in a residential area close to downtown Cedar Rapids, with its many shops, banks, restaurants, the Westdale and Lindale malls
- Physical, Speech and Occupational therapies as well as Home Health and Hospice care for those who need it
Welcome to senior living at Cottage Grove Place.
- 2115 First Avenue S.E., Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Beautiful one- and two-bedroom floor plans from 520 to 1,516 square feet
- Each assisted living apartment includes a living room, kitchenette with a microwave, sink and refrigerator, a large bathroom with step-in shower and a very large walk-in closet.
- Computer rooms with Internet access
- Restaurant-style meals
- We have two libraries, two dining rooms and private dining rooms
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.