14 Independent Living Communities in the Niskayuna Area
Coming Soon: Reserve NOW! Luxury Rental Community for Active Adults
- Our 24-hour on-call concierge staff is here to help you with the issue at hand.
- Our continental breakfast center provides a healthy, tasty, self-service breakfast experience each and every morning in our beautiful, bright breakfast room
- Our amenities include: heated pool and sauna, fitness and yoga center, spa and salon, dog wash, golf simulator, EV Charging Stations and so much more!
- Our Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Massage Room allows us to offer periodic PT/OT for those who need the help of a licensed therapist to keep in motion or for those who are recovering from an injury or surgical procedure.
- All residences are access controlled so you can feel relaxed, safe and secure when arriving home.
The place to be for Exceptional Senior Living
One Glen Eddy Drive, Niskayuna, NY 12309
- From a library to special guest suites -- Glen Eddy offers everything you could wish for in an independent retirement community, and so much more!
- Restaurant-style dining room and landscaped outdoor terrace
- Wellness and fitness center featuring an indoor pool
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Wireless Internet access in apartments, cottages and common spaces, computer training and in-house resident portal
Retirement Living. Family Style.
1 Coburg Village Way, Rexford, NY 12148
- Resident Service Associates available 24-hours a day, 24-hour security
- Bi-weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Free wireless Internet
- Two dining venues, art studio, convenience store, greenhouse, putting green and bocce ball court
- Maintenance and snow removal
Our Family is Committed to Yours...
626 Watervliet Shaker Road, Latham, NY 12110
- 200-sq.-foot studios and 400-sq.-foot suites; some furnished
- Pets welcome
- Off-site excursions, including community outings to the local casino, shopping and restaurants
- Musical entertainment provided by outside singing groups
- 3 meals a day, served restaurant-style
Discover your options at Ávila Independent Retirement Community
100 White Pine Drive, Albany, NY 12203
- Indoor Aquatic Center Whirlpool, Open Swim, Aquatic Classes
- Fully-Equipped Kitchens (full-size refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher and garbage disposal)
- Cottages with Attached Garage and Gas Fireplace
- Greenhouse, Outdoor Garden, & Pond
- Creative Arts Studio
A fulfilling new approach to senior care
140 Washington Avenue Ext., Albany, NY 12203
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen services as required
- Specialized activity programs and special events
- Beautiful open spaces and outdoor areas
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
Welcome To Westmere Village
6228 Riitano Ln, Albany, NY 12203
- 9’ Ceilings
- Modern Style Finishes w/White Cabinets and Grey Tones, Kitchen with Granite Countertops and Stainless-Steel Appliances
- Community Room with Kitchen, Recreational Room for Games, Puzzles, Cards etc.
- Garage Parking Available (additional fees may apply)
- Handicap Accessibility
The Summit Difference
2 Mill Hill Ct, Guilderland, NY 12159
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- Concierge and Transportation Services
- Indoor Pool, Hot Tub & Saunas, Renew Day Spa
- Full Library, Movie Theater, Creative Arts Center
- Tavern & Clubhouse
Distinctively different. Distinctively yours.
40 Autumn Drive, Slingerlands, NY 12159
- Friendly staff, 24-hour security and emergency response system
- Digital cable, local and long-distance telephone and wireless Internet
- Chef-prepared fine and casual dining options
- State-of-the-art wellness center and indoor aquatic center
- Computer lab, art studio, library, and yankee workshop
Welcome to Beechwood ...
2218 Burdett Avenue, Troy, NY 12180
- Dinner served daily in our dining room, with two monthly dining plans
- Transportation to shopping, medical appointments and events
- Cable television, local telephone, wireless Internet
- Planned social and cultural programs
- Putting green
Troy New York Independent Senior living
59 Harris Road, Troy, NY 12182
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Independent and Assisted Living in Delmar, NY
467 Delaware Ave, Delmar, NY 12054
- Licensed for Enhanced and Special Needs for seniors who require a little bit more care than traditional Assisted Living allows. This affords residents to age in place and in most cases avoid another transitional move.
- Specialized activity programs and special events
- Chef-prepared meals and nutritional support
- Game room, library, walking paths, courtyard, putting green
- Multiple dining venues
Active Living. Living Well.
30 Community Way, East Greenbush, NY 12061
- Chef-prepared fine dining options
- Monthly housekeeping
- Friendly staff and 24-hour security
- Exciting social calendar
- On-site wellness director
Enjoy the best season of your life!
100 Saratoga Blvd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
- We'll cook for you
- We do all the yard work
- Monthly housekeeping included
- We shovel and clean off your car
- No surprise maintenance costs
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.