6 Featured Independent Living Communities in the New Kent County Area
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- Spacious floor plans with full kitchens and washer/dryer
- Farm to Table Restaurant-style dining and 24-hour concierge
- Lounge, game room and full daily activities calendar
- Library, fitness center and hair salon
- Art, music and fellowship
Your Life. Your Style. Your Plan.
Assisted Living From - $4820 / Memory Care From - $8025
- Choose the maintenance-free, beautifully crafted home or luxury apartment that best suits your needs
- A LifePlan Community, not for profit and nationally accredited
- Gourmet dining including Cove Cafe with carry out options and customized menus designed by a classically trained chef
- Health club and spa membership
- Explore exciting new hobbies, such as woodworking or pottery, at our on campus workshops. Also enjoy the outdoors at our tennis, bocce or pickleball courts.
Richmond's Finest 50+ Senior Living Apartment Community
- New Pool and LIV Café Coming Soon!
- On Site Pharmacy, Grocery Store, Banking and Voting Precinct
- All Utilities Included as Well as Cable
- 13 Acres of Gated Walking Trails and a Huge Variety of Active Sports, Games and Exercise Options
- Social and Medical Transportation and At Least 5 Events Daily
Now leasing for June 2022 Move-Ins!
- Open Concept Kitchens with Breakfast Bar
- Stainless Appliances, Granite Countertops and Brushed Nickel Finishes
- Two-Story Luxury Clubroom
- Business Center with Free Wi-Fi
- An Energy Star Certified Community with a Maintenance Free Lifestyle
You're Right at Home
$650 Per Month
- All Utilities Included except phone and cable
- Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartments with no entry fees
- Planned activities. Courtesy transportation to grocery store, shopping and entertainment
- Featuring a variety of affordable senior apartment floor plans with walk-in showers or tub
- Beautiful landscaped grounds and gardens
Welcome Home to the Newly Renovated Acclaim at Carriage Hill! Ask About Our Special Offer!
- A Fully Packed Residents' Calendar with Activities in the Clubhouse and a Full Time Activities Director
- Outstanding Amenities That Provide a Lifestyle and Unparalleled Living
- Tile Kitchen Backsplash, Granite Counters, Brushed Nickle Finishes, Luxury Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
- You'll Love Our Electronic Communications, Online Bill-pay and Online Service Requests
- Courtesy Shuttle Service. Maintenance-free Living. Water, Sewer, and Trash Removal Utilities Included
3 Independent Living Communities in the New Kent County Area
If You Can Dream It...The Barrington at Hioaks Can Make It Happen.
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- LUXE Unlimited Salon with Pedicure/Manicure Services and Hair Stylists
- Activities Room with Big Screen TV
- Beautifully Landscaped Grounds with Individual Garden Areas, a Gazebo, and Breezeway with Benches
- Delicious, Nutritious Meals Prepared by Our Executive Chef with Service in a Restaurant-Like Setting
Ready for a new view? We have just what you are looking for!
- 101 Roscoe Crossing, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Brand New Affordable Housing and an EarthCraft Certified Community
- Open Kitchen with Breakfast Bar and Spacious Floor Plan Layouts
- Two-Story Luxury Clubroom and Solar Powered Common Areas
- Offering a Range of Social Activities, Recreational Programs, and Proximity to Fine Dining and Shopping in the Historic Towne Park
- Beautiful Lush Landscaped Grounds with Plant Covered Porches and Views Surrounding Countryside and Tree-lined Neighborhood
Continuing Care Retirement Community in Williamsburg VA!
- 3900 Windsor Hall Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Maintenance Free Homes, Apartments, Villas,Independent, Assisted Living and Skilled Care
- Wellness Center with lap pool, therapy pool, aerobic/stretching exercise room, TechnoGym™ weight and cardio equipment room, juice bar, and space for alternative therapies
- Transportation to regularly scheduled shopping trips, planned special events, and medical appointments.
- Regular and scheduled social, cultural, educational, spiritual, wellness and recreational programming
- Pharmacy, Gift Shop/Convenience Store
Other Independent Living Communities in the New Kent County Area
K. Hovnanian at New Kent Vineyards
- Emmaus Church Rd, New Kent County, VA 23124
Rock Creek Villas
Exclusive Contemporary Homes on the Fairway for Active Adults 55 +
- 3392 Rock Creek Villa Way, Quinton, VA 23141
- Lots for Sale!!!! Community Ammenities, Golf-Some lots back to golf course, Dining
- Fitness opportunities, Maintenance free lawn care to include irrigation
- All Brick exteriors, Anderson windows, Upgraded kitchens and flooring packages
- ADA friendly, Large open floor plan, Large walk-in closets, Most features are standard, whereas, other builders have them as upgrades
- Preferred Lender: Crystal Howell, NMLS#572982 www.cfmortgagecorp.com/crystal-howell
Sandston Plateau Senior Retirement Community
Sandston Plateau.... The Next Best Thing To Family.
- 600 E. Williamsburg Road, Sandston, VA 23150
- 1 Bedroom Garden Apartment $464-$602 521 sq ft
- 2 Bedroom Garden Apartment $703 722 sq ft
- Cafe, Media Room, Two Libraries, Elevator, Intercom
- Bingo!, Gardening Club, Outreach Programs, Movie Nights
- And So Much More!!!
Pre-Sales Incentives Available!
- Cool Summer Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- Our Sales office is open daily from 1 pm - 5 pm
- A leisure lifestyle community for active adults featuring brick town homes with single story living and first floor owner's suites
- CoolWell is convenient to shopping, dinning and entertainmentwith great access to Interstate 295.
- You'll feel at home here with a private community club house and pool.
- Our custom homes are built by HHHunt
- 7090 Covenant Woods Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- 301 Dabbs House Road, Richmond, VA 23223
- Friendly, social and active community
- Library, several lodges with fire places, business office with internet
- Fitness center
- On site Social Service office and senior specialist
- Affordably priced rents starting at $595
Independent Maintenance Free Living In The Heart Of It All
- 7161 Red Sash Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Sales office is open daily from 12 pm-5 pm.
- We are a neighborhood for active adults age 55 and better
- Bell Creek is convenient to retail shopping, resturants, banks, specialty shops, pharmacy, grocery stores, veterinary hospital and gas stations.
- Several floor plans boast first floor masters, walk-up attics and basements
- Our custom homes are built by Holly Homes and RCI Builders
Verena at the Reserve
Verena at the Reserve offers the best of 55+ independent senior living in Williamsburg, Virginia, with close-knit residents, supportive staff, and onsite activities
- 121 Reserve Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Willamsburg's only 55+ independent luxury apartment community with club services
- Chef prepared meals served restaurant style, private dining room available, cafe' area
- Theater and life enrichment room. Entertainment, social and educational programs and events
- 9 ft. ceilings, crown molding, full kitchen with granite countertops, hardwood cabinets and upgraded full size appliances
- Conveniently located to Historic Colonial Williamsburg, restaurants, grocery stores and much more!
- 1400 Shirleydale Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231
Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg
Exceptional Senior Living in Williamsburg VA!
- 3800 Treyburn Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Independent living with services
- No endowment fees
- Month-to-month rentals
- Pool, activities, transportation and more
- Personalized assisted living
Brighter Living Assisted Living
Senior Living at it's Best!
- 5301 Plaza Drive, Hopewell, VA 23860
- No long term commitment or entrance fees
- 3 levels of care to suit your needs
- On site rehabilitation
- Courtyard with gardens, gazeebo and fish pond
- Cozy Cafe' with piano bar
The Hermitage in Richmond
- 1600 Westwood Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227
Charter Senior Living of Williamsburg
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Williamsburg, VA.
- 440 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Licensed nurses and caregivers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Three delicious meals and snacks served restaurant-style daily
- Planned social, educational, and recreational activities daily
- Scheduled local transportation available
- Respite stays
The William Byrd
- 2501 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220
Westminster Canterbury - Richmond
- 1600 Westbrook Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227
The Atlantic at Brook Run
Call for Specials!
- 6000 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Energy Star appliances
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Trash removal included in rent
- Handicap accessible plans available
- Small pets Welcome
Coming Home - the best part of the day!
- 401 Norcroft Circle, Richmond, VA 23225
- Monitored community
- Social activities, transportation for shopping, banking
- Designer kitchen with dishwasher and disposal
- Washer/Dryers are available on site, or you may bring your own
- Pets welcome
- 4325 Crutchfield Street, Richmond, VA 23225
The Villas at Rose Hill
- 6225 Lakeside Ave, Richmond, VA 23228
Grand Oaks Senior Apartment Homes
Everything You Need for Every Day Living!
- 5301 Grand Oaks Forest Circle, Chester, VA 23831
- BRAND NEW
- BARRIER-FREE 2 BEDROOM R APARTMENT HOMES
- CLUBHOUSE, POOL, & FITNESS CENTER
- FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN WITH ALL APPLIANCES
- YOUR PET IS WELCOME
- 5600 Charlevoix Court, Richmond, VA 23224
Verena at The Glen
Living Your Life Shouldn't Cost Your Life Savings!
- 10286 Brook Road, Glen Allen, VA 23059
- Full kitchens with hardwood cabinetry, top quality appliances and some apartments with separate pantry
- Baths with cultured marble vanity tops and walk-in shower
- 9-foot ceilings, crown molding or other architectural details
- Our very first residents are special to us, and they are honored with free exclusive membership in our Founders Club
The Renaissance Apartments
- 1021 German School Road, Richmond, VA 23225
Heritage Oaks Retirement Community
Blending Independent Living With An Added Dimension Of Security
- 1100 German School Road, Richmond, VA 23225
- Included in your monthly rent: 3 elegant meals, full-time driver with transportation to shopping & medical appointments
- Weekly house keeping & linen service, Necesity Store and Pharmacy delivery
- Billiards & Exercise room, Beauty & Barber Shop, well stocked Library
- Outdoor Gardens, Chapel, Cafe
- Available 24/7 healthcare assistance
Springdale at Lucy Corr Village
Life Flowing Beautifully
- 6800 Lucy Corr Court, Chesterfield, VA 23832
- Serving Quality Care to Seniors for 40 years
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Short-Term Rehabilitation, Adult Day Care, Long-Term and Skilled Care
- Non-Profit Organization
- Teaching Facility
- Wellness and Leisure Programs
The Arbors Senior Apartments
NOW LEASING! Reintroducing The Arbors
- 7608 Forest Hill Avenue, Richmond, VA 23225
- NOW LEASING - Brand New premier senior apartments.
- Water included in rent.
- Full social calendar and outings, beauty salon/barber.
- Covered parking, fully equiped kitchens, emergency call systems, walk in closets and much more
- Call Dawn to reserve your new apartment home today!
Parham Park Place Apartments II
- 7590 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
Parham Park Place Apartments
- 7600 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.