1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Monroe Area
All Your Needs. All Our Hearts.
- Services Available: Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy, Wound Care, Intravenous Therapy, Eternal Nutrition, Pain Management
- Comfortable and convenient Independent Living Cottages & apartments
- Recreational Activities, Workshops & Services
- 24 Hour a Day Access to dedicated professional staff in Assisted Living, Memory Care and Long/Short Term Nursing Care
- We partner with physicans and family members to develop each health care plan based on each person's unique, special needs.
21 Independent Living Communities in the Monroe Area
Ohio Living Mount Pleasant is more than just a place to call home.
225 Britton Lane, Monroe, OH 45050
- Ohio Living Mount Pleasant is a life plan community
- Our campus was designed to provide residents with the varying levels of care they may need as they continue to age in place
- Our community isn’t one size fits all – we have options to meet your needs both now and in the future, however that unfolds.
- Ohio Living Mount Pleasant features congregate meals, in-room delivery, as well as casual bistros and all-day snack and take-out options.
- We host regular classes, concerts, happy hours and day trips, and events throughout the year. There’s always an opportunity to connect with others and learn something new in our educational classes, art classes and exhibits, galas, specialty themed dinners, wellness classes, sporting events, and more.
At Otterbein, your health and comfort are our priorities.
585 N. State Route 741, Lebanon, OH 45036
- Access to all community amenities
- Access to all community activities
- Gas, electric and water
- Scheduled transportation
- 24-hour call system
Senior living in Fairfield, Ohio
1460 Corydale Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014
- Restaurant style dining, twice daily
- Beauty/Barber shop
- All utilities, except phone service
- Kitchen complete with appliances
- Numerous apartment style choices
Celebrating 170 years of serving older adults
11100 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45246
- Retirement, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health & Hospice Services
- Bodmann Pavillion Health Center accepts admissions 7 days a week
- Village Home Health provides skilled home health services in your own home
- A variety of social and recreational programs
- Physical, Occupational, Speech and Restorative therapies available
All You Need for the Retirement You Want
9840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242
- The Connection Aquatic Center with whirlpool, fitness and cardio equipment
- Full calendar of events and programs, including guest speakers, field trips, entertainment, and other educational and recreational programs.
- Campus Shop, selling coffee, ice cream and sundries
- Library, with computer access
- Billiards and game room
At Trilogy, we provide the best care options, in communities committed to each individual.
2510 Vienna Pkwy, Dayton, OH 45459
- Vienna Springs Health Campus Offers Independent Living, with Fully Equipped Kitchens and Pet-Friendly Communities
- Daily Assistance with Tasks for Seniors in Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and Long-Term Care
- Chef-Prepared Meals Served Restaurant-Style
- Spacious Community Living Rooms with Seating, Fireplaces, and Flat-Screen TVs
- Covered Patio and Gorgeous Courtyards, Putting Green
Premier Senior Living in Cincinnati, OH
7300 Dearwester Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45236
- Three chef-inspired meals each day, served restaurant style
- 14 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with walking path
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- Variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment choices
- Beauty salon and barber shop
Charming Cincinnati Senior Living
230 West Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45215
- Wide variety of 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans to choose from
- Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
- Beauty and barber shop
- Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
- Extensive lobby, living areas and library
Senior living in Dayton, Ohio
2656 W. Alex Bell Pike Rd, Dayton, OH 45459
- A relaxed, friendly atmosphere of warmth and care
- One- or two-bedroom apartments with emergency call systems
- Recreational activities and entertainment
- On-site beauty/barber salon
- Scheduled courtesy transportation
ACTIVE SENIOR LIVING IN METRO DAYTON
6443 Far Hills Ave, Centerville, OH 45459
- Enjoy chef-prepared meals with diverse menu options in one of our 3 exceptional dining rooms
- From cottages and villas to apartments and memory support studios, our wonderful living spaces are sure to help you relax and enjoy life your way
- Our calendar is always full of exciting social events and activities for our community members to enjoy
- Our memory care programs include music and art therapy, physical fitness, and social interaction events to encourage communication, engagement and friendship with other residents and staff
- Respite care at Bethany Village is a wonderful way to experience our community while receiving the care you need
A New Kind of Senior Living
5877 Pleasant Hill Rd, Milford, OH 45150
- 24/7 Concierge
- Delicious, Healthy Meals
- Dynamic Community Life Calendar
- Creative Corner, Fitness Center, Lounge Area, Movie Theater
- Complete Building, Residence, and Grounds Maintenance
Exceedingly High Standards in Service & Care
5435 Kenwood Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45227
- 24-hour front desk staff
- Multiple bar and restaurant areas
- Wellness Center featuring indoor pool and whirlpool, exercise studio, weight room, cardio training equipment, and gym with Shapemaster® and Nu-Step® machines
- All utilities, internet, cable, security and maintenance are included
- Apollo, the resident therapy dog, brings lots of happiness to the residents
Stay engaged in life, in your community, in your future.
5343 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45224
- 120 acres teeming with wildlife, gardens, walking trails and picturesque landscapes
- We offer the finest in health and supportive services for every stage of life
- Choose from studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments that offer easy access to all the amenities of the Community Center
- The comforts of home, dedicated and qualified associates, a full menu of programs and a focus on gracious living are the touchstones of our personalized approach
It's All Right Here If You Need It
3550 Shaw Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner served with gracious table service in two inviting dining rooms
- Most utilities included (except telephone)
- Event Center for movies and special functions
- Heated garage parking
- On-site voting for local, state, and national elections
Exceptional Senior Living
280 Walden Way, Dayton, OH 45440
- Our full-service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared fresh and served by our friendly, well-trained wait staff.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every week.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to shopping, restaurants and your personal appointments (pre-arranged).
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do.
The Wellington at North Bend Crossing – Senior living in Cincinnati, Ohio
5156 North Bend Crossing, Cincinnati, OH 45247
- On-site recreational activities including arts and crafts activities, planned social, cultural and entertainment events
- Delicious meals per day with emphasis on nutrition
- State of the art emergency call system
- Free coffee bar and fruit all day
- Helpful, trained staff available 24 hours a day
10 Wilmington Place is where you go to live.
10 Wilmington Ave, Dayton, OH 45420
- Continuum of care on one campus, including Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care
- The area’s only outdoor amphitheater for live musical performances and social gatherings
- Our signature Newcom Lounge with happy hour six days/week
- Two state-of-the-art movie cinemas with daily screenings
- A resident-operated General Store stocked with convenience items and other sundries
Independent living within a few miles of shopping, dining, and entertainment in Cincinnati, OH
8135 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45255
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning - everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
The Epicenter of Luxury & Convenience
6045 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45415
- Off Street Parking
- Intercom Entries
- Community Events
- Wellness Clinic, Chapel
- Community on Bus Line
Redefining Adult Living
2920 Old Troy Pike, Dayton, OH 45404
- Adults 55 & Over
- Community Events & Social Activities, Community Room with Kitchen
- Controlled Access Entry
- High Speed Internet Access Available
- Professional On-Site Management
Assisted Living Community in Fort Wright, Kentucky
400 Farrell Drive, Ft. Wright, KY 41011
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.