1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Middleburg Heights Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
8 Independent Living Communities in the Middleburg Heights Area
It's Paramount that you choose us.
15435 Bagley Road, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
- Private or companion suites complete with full bath and a choice of floor plans.
- Café designed for mid-day snacks and coffee breaks.
- Health and Fitness Center equipped with treadmills, bicycles and other exercise equipment.
- Social, educational, spiritual and recreational programs with scheduled group transportation.
- Beautifully manicured landscaping and gardens with outdoor areas to walk and relax.
Providing You with a Safe Place to Relax
1565 London Ave, Marysville, OH 43040
- Fully accessible bathrooms with walk-in showers equipped with safety bars
- Laundry and housekeeping
- Wellness center, activity room, movie theater, chapel, pub and lounge with fireplace
- Beauty salon/barbershop
Welcome to The GRAND
4500 John Shields Parkway, Dublin, OH 43017
- THE GRAND Assisted Living is the perfect solution for seniors who value their independence but are in need of assistance
- Form new friendships as you take part in our planned activities or informally visit with your neighbors in our community room or on Main Street
- Our therapist have had professional training to assist you with balance issues, fall prevention, cognitive (awareness) skills, complex medical conditions and incontinence.
- THE GRAND's Rehabilitation Department offers physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Therapy services are available to all of our qualifying patients 7 days a week in our spacious therapy gym by a team of dedicated therapists.
Freedom to Pursue Your Passion
7 Masonic Dr, Springfield, OH 45504
- We offer Independent Living Villas and Apartments, Assisted Living, a Homeward Journey program for short-term rehab, long-term care and Alzheimer's care.
- Enjoy what you may not have had time to do before - exercise, socialize, join clubs, take trips, get involved in campus life or join in on monthly theme dinners.
- Never cook another meal or wash another dish if you don't want with our convenient community center.
- Several areas indoors and out to simply relax and enjoy life at your own pace
- Use our fitness center with trainer available most mornings or try a sit-down exercise class
Introducing Hilliard’s premier independent & assisted living community, without the premium price.
3700 Sturbridge Ct, Hilliard, OH 43026
- A dedicated caregiver
- Weekly housekeeping and weekly laundry
- Utilities included, home maintenance
- Monthly wellness clinic
- Made-from-scratch meals
Your life in perfect balance.
6000 Riverside Drive, Dublin, OH 43017
- Being a continuing care retirement community means we offer a full continuum of independent retirement living and care options
- Four dining venues
- Olympic-sized swimming pool
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- 5-hole putting green
Affordable Senior Living - Where we have big hearts and even bigger smiles
7041 Bent Tree Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235, Columbus, OH 43235
- 1 story garden-style apartments, private screened-in patios, 12-acre park-like campus
- Optional lunch and breakfast plans available
- Cable tv and water included
- Complimentary laundry centers
- Optional covered carports
Exceptional Senior Living
3500 Trillium Crossing, Columbus, OH 43235
- We provide Exceptional Independent Living and Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors
- Our full-service dining program for our assisted living residents offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients, and a variety of menu options.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every week.
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do.
- Our concierge is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.