4 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Merritt Island Area
Resort-Style, All-Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
Opt Out of Average Senior Living
- With Independent Living including Cottages, Assisted Living and Memory Care options available, we’re here to assist residents in all walks of life.
- Heated indoor saltwater pool and Outdoor pool, offering Aquatics program
- We offer many enjoyable classes such as Arts and Crafts, Baking and Cooking, Fitness classes and more
- Meal packages included to match your lifestyle
- Full-time nursing and care associates (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
Exceptional Living. Exceptional Value.
- On-site medical director and 24-hour nursing
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Fitness & Wellness Center
- Luxurious apartment homes
The GOOD LIFE Means...living independently and stress-free!
CCRC- Entrance Fees Req'd
- Buena Vida is Brevard's only Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Physical & Financial Security for the Future
- A few of the affordable extras offered within Buena Vida are: On-site physician services, Care management services, Home Health care services, Physical and occupational therapy services, Personal wellness services, guest apartments
- Buena Vida boasts resort-style AMENITIES all within the same campus
- Cottages Available, Reserve yours today!
19 Independent Living Communities in the Merritt Island Area
Say Hello to home - Crafting a new standard in Senior Living
- Independent, Assisted, & Memory Care Living
- High Standards of safety and hopsitality
- Heartful Care
- Zestful activities
- Artful Dining
We offer senior living options to fit your needs.
1200 S Courtenay Pkwy, Merritt Island, FL 32952
- Personal Care Services, Including Help w/ Bathing, Dressing, Medications & More
- Caring Staff Available 24/7
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Meals
- Engaging Opportunities for Fitness, Learning & Connection
- Weekly Housekeeping
A peaceful community right on the beautiful Banana River
200 S Banana River Dr, Merritt Island, FL 32952
- Day docking and long-term marina rental space.
- Our Slips can accommodate up to 21’,”V” hull, pontoon or twin hull and sailboats.
- We currently have 2 lifts available, or bring your own.
- Water hook up, 30 am and 120v shore power per slip.
- Lighted dock and pier, 24-hour access
Luxury One-Story State-of-the-Art Senior Living Community Merritt Island, FL
2250 N Courtenay Pkwy, Merritt Island, FL 32953
- Trained and caring staff available 24 hours
- Three daily delicious, well-balanced meals prepared fresh
- Monthly wellness reviews
- Free cable TV
- Respite and short-term care stays
One-Of-A-Kind Manufactured Home Living in Merritt Island, Florida!
4499 Wood Stork Dr, Merritt Island, FL 32953
- Waterfront Home Sites
- Gated Community
- Clubhouse, Community Center w/ Fully Equipped Kitchen, Heated Swimming Pool
- Catch and Release Lake
- Boat Storage Area, RV Storage Area
Quality, affordable senior living in Cocoa, Florida
1430 Dixon Blvd, Cocoa, FL 32922
- A faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- Serving seniors with low incomes, age 62+
- Studio and one-bedroom floor plans
- Great campus amenities
- Ample parking and in-building laundry rooms
DISTINGUISHED & SOPHISTICATED LIVING
1546 Clearlake Rd, Suite 101, Cocoa, FL 32922
- EAT-IN KITCHENS, QUARTZ COUNTERTOPS, PANTRY
- COMMUNITY BOX GARDENS
- PICNIC PAVILION
- POOL, MINI PUTTING GREEN
Rockledge, Florida Luxury Senior Living - Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care in Brevard County
777 Roy Wall Blvd, Rockledge, FL 32955
- Concierge Services Available
- Multiple Dining Venues; All-Day Dining
- On-site Spa, Salon, & Massage
- Community-Wide Internet Access & Wi-Fi
- Respite Care
An Age-Qualified Community
780 Barnes Blvd, Rockledge, FL 32955
- Waterfront Sites
- 10 Miles to Coastal US
- Clubhouse, RV Storage
- On-Site Management
Manufactured Home Community in Tropical Florida Paradise Close to Everything!
201 Cape Ave, Cocoa, FL 32926
- Large, heated pool with plenty of patio furniture and umbrellas
- Park-like setting at the lake with benches
- Picnic tables & BBQ grill
- Lending library, billiard room & darts
- Indoor & outdoor bean bag toss, shuffleboard courts, horseshoe pits, bocce court
Three Lifestyle Options. One Viera Campus.
4206 Breslay Dr, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Convenient, all-inclusive monthly rental fee
- 24-hour staff and overnight security personnel
- Movie theatre, arts studio, library & computer lab
- Game room, outdoor fire pit & picnic pavilion, bocce ball court, off-leash dog park
- Covered parking, golf cart parking & charging stations
The Place Patriots Call Home
1936 Freedom Dr, Melbourne, FL 32940
- 160 acres
- Over 60 activity groups
- 18-hole, par 72 golf course, tennis courts, croquet, bocce ball, outdoor pool
- Residents' Activities Council
- RV and boat storage
Welcome to Heritage Isle
6800 Legacy Blvd, #6692, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Resort Style Pool
- Tennis and Pickleball Courts, Volleyball
- Fitness Center
- Library, Billiards
Affordable. Stylish. Innovative.
2700 Anneleigh Circle Viera, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Clubhouse & Business Center, Heart Healthy Cardio Fitness Studio
- Open Kitchen with Breakfast Bar & Spacious Pantry
- Walk-In Showers w/ Grab Bars Available in Select Units
- Pedestrian-Friendly Sidewalks
- 24/7 Emergency Maintenance Service & Online Maintenance Requests
ITS YOUR LIFE. DISCOVER HOW TO LIVE IT YOUR WAY AT ZON BEACHSIDE.
1894 S Patrick Dr, Satellite Beach, FL 32937
- Always Available Menu Options, The Compass Pub with Daily Happy Hour
- The Chart Room Reading Library
- Multi Faith Worship Center
- Routine Housekeeping Services, Weekly Laundry and Linen Service
- Resident Wander Management System
55+ Manufactured Home Community
500 Lantern Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32934
- Clubhouse, Computer Center, Billiards Room, Card Room, Computer Center, Book and Movie Library
- Arts & Crafts, Pottery & Ceramics w/ Kiln, Dance Classes, Themed Parties & Dances, Educational Classes, Exercise Classes
- Fitness Center, Tennis Courts, Pickleball, Bocce Ball, Heated Swimming Pool & Spa
- Pet Park w/ Agility Course, Horseshoe Pits, BBQ-Patio Area, Miniature Golf
- Laundry Facilities, RV Parking
Cultivating independence. Offering assistance.
1800 Harrison Street, Titusville, FL 32780
- Concierge service
- Scheduled local transportation for appointments & outings
- On-site, caring staff available 24/7 for Assisted Living
- One freshly prepared, nutritious daily meal for Independent Living residents and three for Assisted Living residents
- Single-story living, no elevators or stairs
Premier 55+ Manufactured Home Community
3406 Skimmer Ln, Titusville, FL 32796
- Covered carport with driveway
- Storage shed
- Screened rooms/Florida rooms
- Lawn irrigation system, professional landscaping package
- Clubhouse and pool
Stewardship at Heart
964 S. Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
- Spacious lounges, exercise room and activity room
- Courtyards with gardens
- Beautiful swimming pool with outdoor patio
- Emergency electric and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and cabinets
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.