3 Independent Living Communities in the Leland Area
The Time of your Life
1695.00 per month
- On-Site Bistro
- Saltwater Pool with Sun Deck
- Creative Arts Center & Theater Room
- Fitness Center & Yoga Studio
- Dog Park & Dog Wash Station
Your Retirement Destination!
- Located on 24 pristine acres within Wilmington's charming Autumn Hall
- A rental continuing care retirement community
- Cape Fear heritage-style architecture with covered porches or balconies.
- Chef-prepared meals. Three dining venues.
- Heath & Wellness Program with Spa
You have options in aging
- Wireless emergency response systems to summon assistance with the touch of a button.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting grand dining
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants, and community events.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services.
Other Independent Living Communities in the Leland Area
Brightmore of Wilmington
Brightmore Welcomes You Home
- The Carolina Cape Dining Room offers fabulous meals at lunch and dinner in an elegant setting with a uniquely casual atmosphere
- Brightmore brings all the services of a small town under one roof, including restaurant-style dining, beauty salon and barber shop, chapel, post office, billiard room, library, and sunrooms that are perfect for enjoying a cup of coffee and a good book
- For total well-being, our Wellness/Fitness Center offers a heated indoor pool for Water Aerobics and Certified Arthritis Water Classes, and daily exercise classes
- Our floor plans are bright and open with finishes that complement your personal taste
- Use our cost comparison calculator to learn about the Brightmore value or contact us to schedule a visit or request an information packet
Land Here. Live Here. Love it Here!
- 5215 Junction Park Circle, Ste. 102, Wilmington, NC 28412
- Beautifully landscaped outdoor walking paths
- Multiple restaurant venues including a casually elegant restaurant and a pub
- Art studio and gathering rooms for clubs, meetings and events
- Wellness Center with state-of-the-art fitness equipment
- Certified senior fitness specialist and personal trainer
Cambridge Village of Wilmington
Experience Optimal Living
- 75 Cavalier Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405
- Month to month rent with no buy-in fees. All utilities included.Weekly Housekeeping.
- All apartments include washer and dryer; Fire sprinkler and smoke detection system
- Wireless internet access in community center. Library, chapel, media room, exercise and game room
- Flexible Dining Program. Cafe and Pub/Lounge. Hair salon.
- Emergency response system in each apartment
The natural place for your rewarding life.
- 1200 Porters Neck Road, Wilmington, NC 28411
- Fitness center with indoor pool
- Discounted green fees at neighboring golf courses
- Woodworking shop and artists' studio
- Relax as our professional staff treats you to an exceptional dining experience.
- Salon services
Arbor Landing at Hampstead
World-class care, just down the street.
- 13937 US-17, Hampstead, NC 28443
- 24/7 Emergency Response System with Direct Access to Staff
- Three Meals a Day in our Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Daily Activities and Outings
- Scheduled Local Transportation to Professional Appointments
- Cable & WiFi Internet Included
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.