12 Independent Living Communities in the League City Area
Welcome to Regal Estates - Senior Living in League City
500 Enterprise Avenue, League City, TX 77573
- Three chef-inspired meals each day, served restaurant-style
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- A variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment choices
- Beauty/Barber shop
- PAW (Pets are Welcome) Program
BEST RETIREMENT COMMUNITY IN FRIENDSWOOD, TX
1310 Friendswood Drive South, Friendswood, TX 77546
- Close Ties to Our Local Area
- Cozy Suites & Apartment Homes
- Daily Activities & Events
- 3 Meals a Day, Served Restaurant-Style
- Personalized Care & Services
BEST RETIREMENT COMMUNITY IN DEER PARK, TX
201 McDermott Street, Deer Park, TX 77536
- Table Service and Restaurant-Like Dining
- Daily Activities, Events & Entertainment
- Activity Room with Big-Screen TV, Card & Game Room
- Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs with Senior-Specific Exercise Classes
- Support Services & Professional Team that are Available Round the Clock
A Community Designed For You.
8625 Winkler Drive, Houston, TX 77017
- Planned Activities & Shuttle Bus
- Fully Equipped Kitchens with Upgraded Appliances
- Hardwood Floors & Crown Molding
- Balcony, Deck or Patio
- Handicapped Units Available
A quiet, peaceful senior community with a unique charm all its own
1017 Birdsong Drive, Baytown, TX 77521
- Full-service elevators
- Gated community
- 1 & 2 bedroom floor plans
- Great Room for activities
- Library and Game Room
Senior living in Baytown, Texas
901 West Baker Road, Baytown, TX 77521
- 24-hour staffing
- Fitness programming
- Library & computer area
- Social, educational and recreational programs and activities
- Scheduled courtesy transportation
BLESSED BY NATURE. CONNECTED BY COMMUNITY.
2000 Holly Hall Street, Houston, TX 77054
- Gated entrance with 24-hour security, utility-grade back-up generator, eliminating power outages
- Flexible, restaurant-style dining with take-out dining available, featuring executive chef–managed program focused on fresh, made-from-scratch foods
- A calendar full of daily activities, scheduled outings and exercise programs to maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit
- Weekly housekeeping services with laundry and linen services
- Scheduled transportation available for doctor appointments, shopping and event outings
Where Beauty is Just the Beginning.
9339 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, TX 77025
- 24-Hour Concierge service
- Weekly housekeeping
- Spa services in beauty/barber salon
- Elegant Dining Room serving New American cuisine with global influences, and select wines and spirits. Enjoy three meals a day.
- Fitness center with heated indoor swimming pool, weight room, group exercise and Pilates room, and locker rooms
Love Where You Live & Live Where You Love
5020 Kelvin Dr, Houston, TX 77005
- From a formal dining room to private dining, the bistro, sky lounge, and clubroom, there is a dining experience to match every occasion.
- An indoor heated pool, spa, fitness center, and in-house salon optimize residents’ wellbeing.
- An onsite movie theater lets residents catch favorite films without having to leave the premises, while the library and computer center connect them with the world.
- Residents Live Life Well® with a 24-hour concierge, reserved valet parking, shuttle service to local destinations, and personalized services.
Love where you live. Live where you love!
1015 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019
- Spacious floor plans, 9-foot ceilings, and striking floor-to-ceiling windows
- Restaurant-style dining with delicious menu items that change frequently
- Daily, weekly, and monthly activities built around the interests of our residents
- Group fitness classes including Tai Chi, aerobics and water fitness
- Non-denominational worship services and Bible study
Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Houston
1407 Studewood St, Houston, TX 77008
- Restaurant-Style Fine Dining
- Fitness Center with Yoga & Pilates Studio
- Extensive Library & Cozy Sitting Room
- Outdoor Grilling & Barbecue Stations
- Onsite Laundry Facilities
Exceptional Senior Living
2929 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056
- We offer Exceptional Independent living, Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care services for seniors
- Superb dining program including restaurant-style dining
- RNs, LPNs, and certified nursing assistants on duty 24 hours a day to provide skilled nursing procedures and treatment regimens
- Rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational, recreational and speech therapy.
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, ambulation, dining and administration
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.