1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Knoxville Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
5 Independent Living Communities in the Knoxville Area
Knoxville Tennessee Independent Senior Living
- 8458 Gleason Drive, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
New Friends, New Beginnings
- 734 Emory Valley Road, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
- Set on five acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard
- 72 apartments on one floor, featuring porches and courtyards with scenic views
- Here our residents, in many cases, with their pets, enjoy retirement living
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, library, beautifully appointed lounges and activities rooms, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
Right at Home
- 2131 Walters Drive, Morristown, TN 37814
- Set on three acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard, gardens and meandering trails
- 60 apartments all on one floor with short hallways, many with lovely views of nearby mountains
- Here our residents enjoy retirement - in many cases, with their pets
- Our common areas include our lovely dining room, puzzle/library area and parlor with a baby grand piano
Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best
- 739 E.2nd North Street, Morristown, TN 37814
- Resident's choice of studio or one-bedroom apartments designed for comfort, convenience and security
- A kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave oven
- Three delicious, restaurant-style meals served daily
- Active recreational and wellness program
- Month-to-month rent rather than lease or buy-in
The Next Best Thing to Being at Home!
- 251 Shelton St, Waynesville, NC 28786
Other Independent Living Communities in the Knoxville Area
Atria Weston Place
Comfortable Senior and Assisted Living in Knoxville, TN, at Atria Weston Place
- 2900 Lake Brook Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37909
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
Parkview Retirement Community
- 1413 W Broadway Ave, Maryville, TN 37801
- Chef-Prepared Meals
- No Cooking - No Cleaning
- Walking Trails
- On-Site Movie Theatre
Harmony at Reynolds Mountain
Family Serving Families
- 41 Cobblers Way, Asheville, NC 28804
- Beautiful, Spacious Apartments
- Convenient Location Near Parks, Shopping, Dining & Art
- Delicious & Nutritious Meals Prepared by an Executive Chef
- Full Calendar of Activities, Cultural Events & Celebrations
- Transportation to Shopping & Medical Appointments
Garden Plaza at Cleveland
Come live the life that you deserve within a campus that provides a variety of amenities and five-star service
- 3500 Keith Street NW, Cleveland, TN 37312
$1,735 per month
- This impressive community offers the area's only full continuum of care with beautifully appointed patio homes, as well as 24-hour skilled nursing care.
- As part of our outstanding service philosophy, we offer a wide variety of floor plans to fit your needs.
- no long-term leases or costly buy-ins, our community has something for everyone, offering all levelsof living and service.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.