20 Independent Living Communities in the Kenosha Area
Comforts of Home, Full Amenities & Lake Views in Kenosha
- 3524 7th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140
- Independent living at Palazzo del Mare in Kenosha allows residents to enjoy all the comforts & conveniences of home without the burdens of home ownership.
- Residents love the del Mare Villas! These unique, single-family homes offer privacy, comfort, and on-site senior living amenities.
- The beautiful Casa del Mare apartments combine all the comforts of home with the supportive, personalized services you need to remain active and independent.
- Casa del Mare memory care is a cozy, vibrant environment offering state-of-the-art amenities to help residents thrive.
Comfort and Community in Sturtevant
- 8800 Shannon Ln, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- One- and two-bedroom apartment styles, most with a patio or balcony.
- All residents can benefit from spending less time on household chores and more time doing the things they love with our Active Life Service Options.
- Residents who request or require assistance with daily living activities may take part in our Enhanced Services Program without having to move from their apartment.
Welcome to ManorPointe Oak Creek Independent Senior Living
- 700 East Stonegate Drive, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Pet Friendly
- A choice of spacious apartments, all with fully-equipped kitchens
- Washers & dryers in every apartment
- A full calendar of exciting activities
- Local transportation to shopping and activities
Independent Living & Assisted Living Retirement Community
- 701 East Puetz Road, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Regular individualized needs assessment
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
- Complete dining program with snacks
- Personal laundry and linen services
- Warm and pleasant living areas
Welcome to Harbour Village - Senior Living in Greendale
- 5700 Mockingbird Lane, Greendale, WI 53129
- Three chef-inspired meals each day, served restaurant style
- Wellness Center featuring onsite physical, occupational and speech therapies
- A variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment choices
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- Pet Friendly
New Friends and Familiar Neighbors
- 2500 E. Howard Avenue, St. Francis, WI 53235
- Independent - The choices range from studio apartments, with a full kitchen and private bath, to large two bedroom apartments with balconies
- Assisted Living - You may choose apartments ranging from studios featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to one bedroom units. Select 2 bedroom based upon availability.
- Delicious home-style meals are served for lunch and dinner everyday. Our restaurant-style setting makes it seem more like dining than simply eating.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired. Heated underground parking is available.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation to pre-planned group outings, and the use of Howard Village's complete facilities are all part of the monthly fee as well.
Full Amenities and Scenic Views in Milwaukee
- 1500 W. Sonata Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53221
- Independent Living and Assisted Living apartments and services
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NBPI) system: Installed in all shared common spaces throughout our campus. NBPI is proven to eliminate 99.4% of airborne bacteria, molds, allergens, and viruses.
- Lifestyle Enrichment staff to plan activities, outings, gatherings and more, all based on resident interest
- Close to shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores; free scheduled transportation
- Spacious, open-concept apartments, most with a scenic view of Wilson Park
New Friends are Just Around the Corner
- 9200 W. Layton Avenue, Greenfield, WI 53228
- Independent - The choices range from studio apartments to large two bedroom apartments with balconies and luxury amenities.
- Assisted Living - Choices range from studio apartments featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to large two bedroom apartments with balconies.
- Dementia Care - Both studio and one bedroom apartments with private bathrooms are available.
- Three delicious meals are freshly prepared in our kitchen daily.
- Heated underground parking is also available.
Senior Living Services As Unique As You
- 901 Florsheim Dr, Libertyville, IL 60048
- Studio, one and two bedroom plans
- Spacious bathrooms & Walk, in showers
- Three meals provided per day see sample menu
- Billiards Room with game tables
- Fitness Room with exercise programs
caring - dignity - family...through healthcare innovation
- 3933 S. Prairie Hill Lane, Greenfield, WI 53228
- One and Two Bedroom Apartments
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Customizable Meals
- Flat Linen Service
- Independent Activity Room
VMP Active Senior Living... For the Time of Your Life in Milwaukee!
- 3023 S 84th Street, West Allis, WI 53227
- 24 hour emergency call system
- Meals served in our attractive dining room
- Scheduled group transportation and social activities
- Security that comes with extensive healthcare on-site
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartments
We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Hawthorn Lakes today.
- 10 E. Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
- Beautifully appointed dining rooms with elegant settings.
- We provide spacious and well-appointed apartments whether you are considering Independent or Assisted Living.
- Our trained and licensed transportation associates provide door-to-door services to popular retail outlets, restaurants and services in the community. Also, transportation to personal appointments is easily managed through prearranged reservations.
- Our housekeeping associates will clean your apartment weekly. Flat linen service included.
- A variety of educational programs, social outings and/or cultural events daily means there is always something new to experience and exciting to do!
Friendship and Support for Enjoying Every Day
- 5301 West Lincoln Avenue, West Allis, WI 53219
- Three delicious meals offered per day, served restaurant-style (Two meal included per day)
- Choice of spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Relaxation spa with whirlpool
- Library, beauty parlor and barbershop and country store
- Computer Center and Library
All the Pleasures of Home Without the Worries
- 1820 S. 75th St., West Allis, WI 53214
- Independent - The choices range from elegant studios to large two bedroom apartments all with a full kitchen and private bath, some with balconies.
- Assisted Living - Our studio, one and two bedroom apartments feature a complete kitchen and private bath.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation, recreational programming and the use of all Library Square facilities are part of the affordable monthly fees.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired, and washers and dryers are conveniently located throughout the community.
- Heated underground parking is also available.
Quality of Living by Design
- 1441 South 68th Street, West Allis, WI 53214
- A variety of spacious one and two bedroom apartment homes
- Some apartments include a balcony or patio, dining room, fireplace or washer/dryer connections
- Optional heated, underground parking
- No enrollment or endowment fees
- 24-hour emergency communication system
Welcome to Carnegie Place!
- 1508 South 75th Street, West Allis, WI 53214
- Spacious one bedroom apartment homes
- Convenient laundry room
- Heat, electric and water utilities included with rent
- Secure home-like environment with locked lobby and exterior doors
- Community room with full kitchen
Life...Live It Well!
- 7400 W. Greenfield Ave, West Allis, WI 53214
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Engaging Activities
- Apartment maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
Live life to the fullest at St. Rita Square
- 728 E Pleasant Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- 9-foot ceilings with floor to ceiling windows
- Heat & air conditioning, controlled by individual thermostats
- Water, electricity, cable TV, Wi-Fi and landline phones included in rent
- Stainless steel appliances and in-unit washer & dryer
- Restaurant-style dining room
Milwaukee's Premier Lakefront Retirement Community
- 1840 North Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Taylor's fine dining restaurant overlooking Lake Michigan
- Bistro with casual dining and vibrant cityscapes and cozy fireplace and gathering space
- State of the art fitness center, including warm water pool and whirlpool
- Cultural Arts Center featuring lectures, concerts, movies, and performances
- Well-stocked library-books, books on tape/CD, periodicals, DVD's, games, music and magazines
Low Income Senior Apartments in Milwaukee
- 1724 North Humboldt Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Easy access to supermarkets, medical services, churches, and restaurants.
- Studio and one-bedroom apartments with private bathrooms available
- Residents must be at least 62 years of age and are required to meet certain income restrictions as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.