1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Jackson Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
7 Independent Living Communities in the Jackson Area
Tennessee Senior Living at its Finest
- 3131 N. Highland Ave., Jackson, TN 38305
- We provide Exceptional Independent Living and Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors.
- Our full service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients and a variety of menu options.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment every week.
- We launder your linens, towels and change your bed linens weekly.
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do.
Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best
- 420 Cheyenne Drive, Jackson, TN 38305
- Spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Three nutritious, chef-prepared meals served daily
- A variety of daily activities including exercise, fitness, educational, religious, recreational and social, as well as day ...trips and other local events
- Access to dining room, private dining room, beauty/barber shop, media room, arts and crafts room, exercise and fitness equipment, library, and several community rooms
- Scheduled transportation to local activities, shopping, and medical appointments
Beautiful & Comfortable Surroundings
- 8199 Poplar Avenue, Germantown, TN 38138
- The Solana Germantown offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Fitness Center
- Indoor salt water pool
- Wine bar
- Woodworking shop
Affordable lifestyle residences for Seniors 55 years of age and over.
- 3393 Kirby Road, Memphis, TN 38115
- Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans
- Private patios and balconies
- Full kitchens and kitchenettes
- Garden home options for residents in need of greater privacy
The freedom to live life to the fullest...
- 6301 Village Grove Dr., Memphis, TN 38115
- Alcove, 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans
- Private patios and balconies
- Full kitchens and kitchenettes
- Southern Colonial Style
Our beautiful 55+ apartments have quality options to make you feel at home.
- 2990 Hickory Hill Road, Memphis, TN 38115
- Studios, One bedroom and Two Bedroom Apartments with Patios and Balconies
- Generous Green Space for Outdoor Enjoyment and Pet Care.
- Restaurant Style Dining with Three Meals Served Daily in our Dining Rooms
- Utilities, Cable TV, Weekly Housekeeping and Scheduled Transportation
- Rewarding Activities and Outings for Active Seniors
Welcome to Glenmary, Senior Living Memphis TN
- 1550 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
- Daily Meals
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Scheduled Transportation
- Activities and Community Life Program
- Experience our newly built library, recreation room, arts & crafts room, theater, lounges and restrooms.
Other Independent Living Communities in the Jackson Area
Jackson Tennessee Independent Senior Living
- 25 Max Lane Drive, Jackson, TN 38305
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.