1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Hilliard Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
10 Independent Living Communities in the Hilliard Area
Your life in perfect balance.
- 6000 Riverside Drive, Dublin, OH 43017
- Being a continuing care retirement community means we offer a full continuum of independent retirement living and care options
- Four dining venues
- Olympic-sized swimming pool
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- 5-hole putting green
Welcome to The GRAND
- 4500 John Shields Parkway, Dublin, OH 43017
- THE GRAND Assisted Living is the perfect solution for seniors who value their independence but are in need of assistance
- Form new friendships as you take part in our planned activities or informally visit with your neighbors in our community room or on Main Street
- Our therapist have had professional training to assist you with balance issues, fall prevention, cognitive (awareness) skills, complex medical conditions and incontinence.
- THE GRAND's Rehabilitation Department offers physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Therapy services are available to all of our qualifying patients 7 days a week in our spacious therapy gym by a team of dedicated therapists.
Exceptional Senior Living
- 3500 Trillium Crossing, Columbus, OH 43235
- We provide Exceptional Independent Living and Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors
- Our full-service dining program for our assisted living residents offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients, and a variety of menu options.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every week.
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do.
- Our concierge is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have.
- 4590 Knightsbridge Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43214
- Several spacious apartment floor plans to choose from
- Beauty salon/barbershop
- In-house doctor visits
- 24/7 nursing
Luxury Apartment Community
- 2920 Snouffer Road, Columbus, OH 43235
- 9' Ceilings
- Spacious kitchen with appliances included
- Planned social events
- 24-Hour Fitness Center
- Washer and dryer hookups
Westerwood opens up a world of new possibilities.
- 5800 Forest Hills Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43231
- Select from an array of services, including fine dining prepared by our personal chef.
- Enjoy Westerwood's home-like atmosphere while receiving 24-hour personal care assistance.
- Westerwood's secured setting provides a safe haven created to maximize the abilities and comfort of those experiencing memory loss.
- Residents are provided with intermediate and skilled nursing care in our Health Care Center.
- Throughout the village, everyone is busy; from the hair salon to the village store, from the bank to the fitness center, from the auditorium to the arts & craft studio, there's a bustle of activity.
It's Paramount that you choose us.
- 690 Cooper Road, Westerville, OH 43081
- Private or companion suites complete with full bath and a choice of floor plans.
- Café designed for mid-day snacks and coffee breaks.
- Media, television and living room areas
- Large porch with sitting areas
- Outdoor areas to walk and relax
Make the Right Move
- 1151 College Avenue, Columbus, OH 43209
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
- Long-Term Care
- Adults with Developmental Disabilities
Senior Living at Its Best
- 215 Huber Village Blvd, Westerville, OH 43081
- Independent Living
- Independent Living with Assistance
- Assisted Living
- Respite Stay
Beautiful location providing a continuum of healthcare services under one roof
- 433 Obetz Road, Columbus, OH 43207
- Skilled Nursing & Intermediate Nursing
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer/Dementia Care
- Independent Living Villas
- In-opatient & Out-patient Rehab Therapy
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.