2 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Henderson Area
- 1935 Paseo Verde Parkway, Henderson, NV 89012
- State of the art resident call system in every apartment
- Library, comfortable living rooms and social meeting areas
- Month to month rental, no buy-in required
- Anytime Dining served restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
8 Independent Living Communities in the Henderson Area
Award-Winning Senior Living
- 3150 E Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning - everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Life on Your Terms at Sterling Ridge
- 4255 Spencer St, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Three delicious meals each day along with a 24 hour beverage bar
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Paid utilities (except extended cable television and personal telephone)
- Scheduled transportation to doctor's appointments, shopping, outings, tours, and more
- Planned group activities and special events
Welcome to your new home at Somerset Commons Senior Community in Las Vegas, NV!
- 2775 E. Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Space-Saving Washer / Dryer
- Spacious Walk-in Closets with Shelving
- Large Private Patios & Balconies
- Luxury Clubhouse
- Planned Activities and Programs
Nevada Senior Living at its Finest
- 6650 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Our full-service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients, and a variety of menu options.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to popular shopping, restaurants and services in the community.
- There's always something fun and exciting to do here. Our diverse programs, outings and events offer something for everyone.
- Our friendly staff is available 24 hours a day to meet your needs or in case of an emergency.
It's Not Like Home. It is Home.
- 8630 West Nevso Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89147
- Three restaurant-style meals per day, plus snacks
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Fitness center/Outdoor heated pool/Indoor Whirlpool Spa
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Happy hour pub & 60-seat movie theater
Welcome to Vintage Desert Rose Senior Apartments
- 1701 North Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89108
- Airy one- and two-bedroom floor plans
- Fully equipped kitchens with dishwashers and continuous-cleaning ovens
- Large clubhouse for social activities and events
- Patio sunning area with sparkling pool and spa
- Nearby malls and restaurants
Active Independent and Assisted Senior Living in Las Vegas, NV
- 2000 N. Rampart Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89128
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
A 55+ Gated Golf Community
- 130 Montecito Dr, Pahrump, NV 89048
- Residents enjoy many activities together like community BBQs, movie nights, golfing, swimming, and cooking.
- Just a few steps from your backdoor is a spacious 6000 sq. ft. clubhouse where you and your friends can gather together to enjoy a wide variety of constant entertainment that Desert Greens offers. Besides daily scheduled activities like casino night, movie night, billiards and horseshoes tournaments, line dancing and cookouts...
- Daytime or nighttime, indoors or outdoors, there are many events and activities readily available to you at the Desert Greens Community, keeping you and your new friends entertained endlessly.
- Living in Pahrump Comes with Huge Benefits. From lower gasoline prices and insurance rates to more enjoyable weather and less traffic, you'll enjoy so many things about living here!
- The Rural Health Management Corporation opened a 70,000 sq. ft. acute care hospital, Desert View Regional Medical Center, adjacent to the community. There is also a VA clinic located right next to the hospital. Health care has never been so convenient.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.