10 Independent Living Communities in the Gulf Breeze Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- The Arbors of Gulf Breeze offers the finest senior living experience for those needing independent living, assisted living or memory care services. Come see how our caring team can provide a wonderful home environment for you or your loved ones.
- The Arbors is filled with luxuries to help you relax in a secure and comfortable atmosphere. Socialize in the lounge, plan a barbecue with new friends or just sit back and take in the beautiful scenery around you.
- Enjoy the chance to engross yourself in new passions and curiosities, make lasting friendships and explore new opportunities.
- The Arbors features all-inclusive, 5-star dining, daily social hours, complimentary housekeeping and a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- In Memory Care, we have customized care programs, skilled medication administration and regular evaluations in place, you can be confident that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
We strive to ensure that your home is in a great environment with amazing people.
- the finest senior living experience for those seeking assisted living or memory care services
- excellent staff
- exquisite cuisine
- great, warm atmosphere
- Zestful activiites
- One and Two Bedroom Apartments with Full-Size Appliances and Washer and Dryer in Every Unit
- All Day Dining with Chef-Prepared Meals
- Weekly Housekeeping, Linen Service & Full-Service Concierge
- Valet Parking & Personal Driver Services
- Bridge Parties, Computer Classes, Educational Seminars & Exercise Programs
Senior Living at it's Finest!
- 1706 E. Olive Road, Pensacola, FL 32514
- 24-Hr. Assistance w/ADL
- Medication Assistance
- Special Diets Available
- Large spacious rooms and apartments
- Warm and caring staff dedicated to outstanding service to Seniors
Welcome to Veranda - An Independent Living and Assisted Living Retirement Community
- 6982 Pine Forest Road, Pensacola, FL 32526
- Luxury retirement apartments with 9' ceilings
- Walk-in closets and fully equipped kitchens, including a full-size refrigerator, electric range and dishwasher
- Pet-friendly community
- The fitness center at Veranda includes stationary bikes and treadmills
- Our library is quite cozy with its fireplace and extensive collection of books
The Gulf Coasts hidden treasue, come home to LiveOak Village!
- 2300 North Cedar St., Foley, AL 36535
- Spacious Apartment (one/two bedroom floor plans)
- Three well balanced meals daily/Optional meal plan
- Clubhouse and pool membership
- Secure Gated Access to 55+ community
- 24-Hour Emergency Call System
To a long and properous life!
- 11626 US Highway 90, Daphne, AL 36526
- Spacious apartments featuring kitchenettes, private baths, courtyard views and personalized security response systems
- Fine dining offering three delicious meals each day with an array of comfort food and healthy choices
- 24-hour on-site nursing staff and personal assistants
- On-site physical therapy, out-patient rehabilitation and exercise programs
- Affordable living through month-to-month rental agreements and no initial,buy-inâ fees
Welcome to The Brennity at Fairhope Assisted Living in Fairhope, AL
- 50 Spring Run Drive, Fairhope, AL 36532
- Delectable, chef-prepared dining
- Spacious floor plans
- Wellness classes and fitness programs
- Beauty and barber shop
- Continuum of care in a social environment
Retirement is your Adventure.
- 924 Plantation Boulevard, Fairhope, AL 36532
- Choose from a variety of living options to find the best arrangement for your needs.
- Enjoy water aerobics and low impact works outs year-round in the indoor, temperature-controlled pool at Homestead Village.
- Everyone has different food needs, which is why we offer several meal plans to best meet your retirement lifestyle.
- The Pub and Grill is open to residents as well as their guests and family.
- Get in on a game of chess or checkers, join your friends for cards, meet up for book club, or simply borrow a novel from our well stocked library in our all-inclusive rec room made just for residents.
Embark on a new adventure!
- 500 Spanish Fort Blvd, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Our Independent Living residences include 256 one- and two- bedroom apartments and garden homes arranged in a neighborhood-style setting.
- Our Assisted Living services offer a full range of daily care tailored to help you enjoy each day without frustration, no less than you need and no more than you want.
- Bay Ridge features a variety of accommodations should you ever need short-term skilled nursing or long-term care.
- Gated community, 24–hour security and emergency call system
- A wide variety of social, recreational, educational, and spiritual activities and events are scheduled regularly
Other Independent Living Communities in the Gulf Breeze Area
The Meridian at Westwood
Welcome to Meridian at Westwood
- 1001 Mar Walt Drive, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.