2 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Fuquay-Varina Area
Glenaire... the name says it all.
- Accrediteed By Continuing Care Accreditation Commission
- Affiliated With Presbyterian Homes
- Located In The Center Of The State
- Main Hospitals & Universities Nearby
- Outstanding Medical Care
Pre-Leasing Now, Luxury All-Inclusive Retirement Community
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
3 Independent Living Communities in the Fuquay-Varina Area
Redefining Retirement Living
- Spacious 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with granite finishings
- 12 luxurious cottages that create their own neighborhoodstyle living
- Wellness programs including water therapy, state of the art fitness programs and yoga therapy all created to promote healthy aging
- Enhanced services offered
- Full monthly calendar of social outings and events
Redefining Retirement Living
- Whether you're looking for independent senior living, assisted living, or memory care, Waltonwood Lake Boone is the perfect place for you to call home.
- Fall Prevention Programs, Sensory Room for Memory Care residents, Hydration Programs & Regularly Scheduled wellness checks throughout the night
- Meals are a large part of your daily life, and exquisite food helps create memorable experiences.
- We offer several resident-ran clubs and study groups that include a Garden House with herbs and flowers, a Lifestyle Club for residents and a TravelClub.
- Our Memory Care life enrichment coordinator creates a calendar of daily and monthly activities involving individual programs and small group activities that encourage participation
Located in beautiful historic Hayes-Barton District near downtown Raleigh & adjacent to The Oaks at Mayview.
- 501 E. Whitaker Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27608
$1,975 per month
- One or two bedroom suites
- Electronically controlled entrances; 24 hour emergency call system
- Fitness Center with certified instructor
- Enclosed walkways; Sky-lit Atrium
- Full-sized kitchens
Other Independent Living Communities in the Fuquay-Varina Area
Life Plan Community with Continuing Care
- 1221 Broad Street, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
- Beautiful detached Cottages
- Spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Wellness center with fitness rooms, indoor pool and spa
- Chef-prepared meals daily
- 24-hour Emergency Response System
Live the Retirement Lifestyle You've Dreamed Of
- 10820 Penny Rd, Cary, NC 27518
- Three chef-prepared meals daily, plus snacks
- Studio, one- and two-bedrooms floorplans
- Diverse activities and cultural events
- Transportation and innovative Travel Program
- Small pets welcome
Cambridge Village of Apex
LIMITED TIME ONLY - SELECT APARTMENTS FROM $2799/month!
- 10000 Cambridge Village Loop, Apex, NC 27502
$2950 per month
- Month to month rent with no buy-in fees; No lease agreements
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartment styles - all with kitchens & washer/dryer
- Monthly rent includes utilities, meals, weekly housekeeping and 24/7 emergency call system
- 28,000 sq ft Community Center with cafe, pub/lounge, theater, library, arts and crafts
- Wellness Center with indoor pool and personalized wellness programs
The Village at Aversboro
An exclusive 55+ Community with beautiful detached brick ranches with two car garages.
- 201 Easy Wind Drive, Garner, NC 27529
- Maintenance-free lawns
- Community clubhouse
- Walking distance to Lake Benson's trails and picnic areas
- Screened porches or sunrooms
- Convenient to shopping, restaurants & hospitals
INDEPENDENT LIVING | ASSISTED LIVING | MEMORY CARE LOCATED IN CARY, NC
- 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary, NC 27511
- 24-hour security/ front desk staff/ manager on duty 7 days a week
- Restaurant style dining in multiple venues, with daily continental breakfast plus choice of lunch or dinner
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Scheduled transportation-shopping and medical appointments
- Planned social and educational events as well as day trips
A Distinctively Different Community for Seniors
- 17001 Searstone Drive, Cary, NC 27513
- 100% refundable entrance fees
- 40,000 Sq. Ft. Winston Clubhouse featuring restaurants, fitness center, spa and more.
- Retail Specialty Village on-site.
- A 54-hole championship golf country club with special SearStone memberships right across the street.
- Variety of home styles from 940 square feet up to 3300 square feet.
Retirement Living at its Finest
- 1995 NW Cary Parkway, Morrisville, NC 27560
- Large 1 & 2 Bedroom Suites; Full Kitchens with Corian countertops and tile flooring, Cable TV
- Large capacity theater, billiard room, library with computer stations and a hair salon
- On-site Health and Wellness Center; therapy & supportive services
- Elegant Medallion Dining Room
- Activities, Events and Transportation Included
Experience Life at Magnolia Glen
- 5301 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC 27612
- Convenient North Raleigh Location
- Month-To-Month Rental
- Wellness Program Including Fitness Center and Indoor Pool
- Spacious Apartments
- Cottages, Independent and Licensed Assisted Living
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.