1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Austin Area
Inspired Senior Living
- 14320 Tandem Boulevard, Austin, TX 78728
- Visit Our Website
Sidewalks Virtual/Video Tour
- Delicious chef-prepared gourmet meals in the elegant Grand Conservatory dining room
- Personalized fitness programs and wellness classes including Pilates and aqua aerobics
- Full-time program supervisor focused on residents' diverse interests and programs
- The Starlite Theatre in-house 40-seat movie theatre with surround sound
- State-of-the-art monitored emergency response system
17 Independent Living Communities in the Austin Area
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1034 Liberty Park Drive, Austin, TX 78746
- Three nutritious, freshly prepared meals daily
- Staff available 24 hours a day for residents convenience or in case of emergency
- Daily cultural, social and/or educational programs, outings or events
- Assisted Living and Health Care available on campus
- Outdoor patios and walking areas
Luxury Senior Living in Austin, Texas
- 4517 Triangle Ave, Austin, TX 78751
- 24-Hour Concierge Services
- Restaurant-Style Dining in The Waterside Grille, Casual Dining in Trios Cafe
- Sky Lounge on 7th Floor, Outdoor Terraces
- Fitness and Wellness Center, Active Social and Educational Programming
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Services, Garage Parking
Live in the Austin Original
- 4100 Jackson Avenue, Austin, TX 78731
All-Inclusive Independent Retirement Community in Beautiful South Austin!
- 4604 S Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78745
- One and Two Bedroom Apartments Available
- Delicious Healthy Chef-Prepared Meals (3 Daily)
- Daily Wellness and Fitness Classes
- Daily Activities Including Walking, Daily News Club, Movies, Beanbag Horseshoes, Bridge, Bingo and Tai Chi!
- Weekly Housekeeping and Complimentary Laundry Facilities
Live. Life. Vibrantly.
- 2603 Jones Road, Austin, TX 78745
- Spacious Apartments - plenty of space to personalize your home
- Fitness Center - enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- Restaurant-Style Dining - dining elevated to its finest
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning - everything except your phone bill.
- Pet Friendly - because everyone needs their best friend
Affordable, conscientious independent and assisted living in the heart of Austin
- 1130 Camino La Costa, Austin, TX 78752
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Movie theater
- Yoga studio
- Organized activities
- On-site walking track
Exceptional Senior Living
- 4409 Gaines Ranch Loop, Austin, TX 78735
- We provide Exceptional Independent Living and Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors.
- Our restaurant-style dining program offers an expanded continental breakfast with cold and hot items, and dinner daily, as well as Sunday brunch. Each meal is prepared fresh and served by our friendly, well-trained wait staff. Assisted living residents enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment every week in assisted living and every other week in independent living.
- We launder your linens weekly in assisted living and every other week in independent living.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door service to shopping, restaurants and your personal destinations.
Live Exceptional. Every Day.
- 6401 Ranch Rd. 2222, Austin, TX 78730
- Impressive dining venues, including an exhibition kitchen, offering dining experience mirroring a grand hotel
- Contemporary penthouse lounge with outdoor seating and panoramic views; indoor/outdoor bar off lobby with fire pit
- In-room live video streaming and telemedicine capabilities
- Fitness center and outdoor swimming pool
- Remote wireless 2-way communication and monitoring with a fashionable watch (includes coverage on nearby walking trails)
LIFE PLAN RETIREMENT COMMUNITY IN AUSTIN, TX
- 2500 Barton Creek Blvd, Austin, TX 78735
- Inviting residences and common areas with Hill Country views
- Mesquite Dining Room; Limestone Grill; Private dining room
- Outdoor covered pool, heated year-round; Fitness and wellness center
- Landscaped grounds and manicured courtyards; 2-mile nature trail; Resident garden and outdoor terraces
- Creative arts studio; Woodworking shop; Library; Chapel; Full-service beauty and nail salon
It Just Feels Like Family
- 11110 Tom Adams Drive, Austin, TX 78753
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Restaurant & Private Dining Rooms
- Indoor Pool & Exercise/Fitness Center
- Arts & Crafts Center
- Resident Storage Included
Active Independent Senior Living in Northwest Austin, TX
- 9306 Great Hills Trail, Austin, TX 78759
- Full-service salon and barber shop
- Fitness center with wellness programs
- Pool and hot tub
- Full table service from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm in the restaurant
- Opportunities to make art, play games, and challenge yourself physically and mentally through Atria’s Engage Life® program
Austin’s newest active senior living community
- 11001 Austin Lane, Austin, TX 78758
- Restaurant-style dining with VIP service, evolving menus and daily fresh specials, available 12 hours a day so you can enjoy meals how you want—when you want
- On-site cinema with theatre seating, library with cozy nooks for enjoying a good book or a game of cards, art studio/creative activities center
- Fully-equipped fitness center offering group classes to stay active and fit, including Yoga, Zumba, Wii fitness; Heated, enclosed swimming pool and spa
- Licensed assisted living residences and memory care suites; On-site Rehabilitation/Therapy Center
- Underground reserved parking
Apartment Homes & Cottages for Seniors
- 11300 Farrah Ln, Austin, TX 78748
- 9-acre gated community with single story apartment homes and cottages
- Nutritious, gourmet meals that residents share as family and friends in our elegant, full-service dining room, plus access to nourishing snacks throughout the day
- Concierge services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Weekly housekeeping & linen service
- On-site preferred home health care provider
An independent and assisted senior living community in Austin, TX
- 11279 Taylor Draper Lane, Austin, TX 78759
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Senior Apartments in North Austin
- 12433 Dessau Rd, Austin, TX 78754
- Community Clubroom and Library
- Controlled Access, Disability Access, Elevators
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Laundry Facility
- Relaxing Swimming Pool
LAID-BACK SENIOR LIVING IN AUSTIN’S TEXAS HILL COUNTRY
- 12501 Longhorn Parkway, Austin, TX 78732
- Monthly dining allowance for residents and guests to be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner and beverages
- Courteous, professional housekeeping conducted weekly
- Internet Cafe, offering pastries, coffee and other beverage options
- Enclosed, heated swimming pool
- Blue Agave Day Spa
All-Inclusive Independent Retirement Community in Amazing Austin!
- 12463 Los Indios Trail, Austin, TX 78729
- Full-Service Amenities - Your monthly rent includes all of your utilities (except your personal telephone), as well as free WiFi in common areas, front desk concierge service, weekly housekeeping, and on-call apartment maintenance.
- Concierge Services - Looking for a local pet walking service, taxi to the airport or restaurant recommendation? Stop by the Concierge Desk and we will gladly provide assistance.
- On-Site Service Providers - Just step out your door to enjoy our own fitness and wellness center, movie theater, card and billiards tables, hair salon, library, and computer center.
- Robust Activity Calendar - Make room in your schedule for exercise classes, tai chi, movie nights, weekly bingo, day trips, and more.
- Door-to-door Transportation - We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments, cultural events, and more.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.