3 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Augusta Area
Quality Senior Living in Augusta, Kansas
- 1611 Fairway Drive, Augusta, KS 67010
- Set on two acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard
- Located close to Highways 54 and 254, our community offers 49 apartments all on two floors
- Here our residents, in many cases, with their pets, enjoy retirement living
- Yet should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services, tailor-made to your needs
- With its family-friendly atmosphere, Fairways of Augusta feels like home the minute you walk through the doors
Come as Strangers, Live as Friends
- Currently under construction. Pre-leasing inquiries at this time
- We offer fun and energetic programs, activities and experiences that you’re sure to love, all while promoting and supporting a healthy lifestyle vital to your overall well-being.
- Envision every day spent the way you want, able to focus on your hobbies and interests. Without the stress of home repairs, you can share everyday pleasures with friends, enjoy new experiences, and create lasting memories.
- Our amenities range from movie theatres, gyms, craft rooms and so much more!
- Convenient community and in-home features make our senior living communities feel like home.
It's Not Like Home. It IS Home.
- 2455 North Woodlawn, Wichita, KS 67220
- Seven floor plans to choose from
- Three nutritious meals served daily in the dining room
- Scheduled transportation for doctor's appointments, shopping and personal errands
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Wellness program, excercise room and daily excercise sessions
1 Independent Living Communities in the Augusta Area
Wichita Independent Senior Living
- 10665 W 13Th Street N, Wichita, KS 67212
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.