1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Ashland Area
- 805 North 5th Street, Jacksonville, OR 97530
- Central location near shops and other activities
- Spacious and inviting living areas
- Bistro Café and Restaurant-style dining
- Regularly scheduled social, cultural and educational events that stimulate the body, body and spirit
- Weekly housekeeping and scheduled transportation
7 Independent Living Communities in the Ashland Area
Guided by Goodness, Loyalty, Faith and Fun
- 548 Main Street, Ashland, OR 97520
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Engaging activities
- Apartment maintenance
- Housekeeping and linen service
Reflecting on the past. Embracing the future.
- 2979 Barnett Road, Medford, OR 97504
- We have a variety of apartment floor plans to choose from ranging in size from studio, one, and two bedrooms.
- Three delicious meals each day
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, banking, recreational activities and medical appointments
- Activity areas: cards, pool table, fitness equipment, large screen TV and indoor spa
- Beauty salon and barbershop
BOUTIQUE-INSPIRED SENIOR LIVING THAT CELEBRATES LIFE
- 2180 Poplar Drive, Medford, OR 97504
- Restaurant-style dining with fresh seasonal menus
- Cozy fireside reading areas, big screen viewings and game and activity rooms
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
- Vibrant calendar of exercise classes, social outings, and events
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
Guided by Goodness, Loyalty, Faith and Fun
- 261 Loto Street, Eagle Point, OR 97524
- Enjoy expertly prepared meals in our dining room or gather for snacks.
- Socialize with friends and family in our living room and other common areas.
- Stay active in social and recreational programs.
- Take advantage of our scheduled local transportation service.
- Gain added peace of mind from our 24-hour security and emergency call systems.
MAKE RIPPLES that turn into waves
- 1000 Town Center Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- Emergency Alert Response System
- Housekeeping and Linen Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Large Outdoor Courtyards with Walking Paths, Gardens and Seating Areas
- Scheduled Transportation
Independent senior living community just 40 minutes from Ashland in Grants Pass, OR
- 1001 NE A Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Weekly Housekeeping and Light Linen Service
- Bistro Area, Large Screen TV Lounge, Library, Activity Room, Game Room and Billiard Lounge
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
Rediscover the Joy of Life
- 1357 Redwood Circle, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Choice of available private or companion living senior apartments
- All utilities except basic cable and telephone included
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
- A diverse, full-time activities program for premier senior living and elder care
- Weekly housekeeping, linen and laundry service
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.