4 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Anniston Area
Welcome to Autumn Cove
- 4425 Greenbrier-Dear Road, Anniston, AL 36207
- Beautiful interiors with individual heating/cooling units
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Ice cream parlor & Full service beauty salon
- Comfortable porches with rockers
- Woody's Way Nature Trail
Live Carefree in Our Senior Living Community
- Well-designed, spacious apartment homes, complete with deluxe wall-to-wall carpeting and mini-blind window treatments.
- Monthly meal plan consisting of 30 meals per person in a restaurant dining atmosphere.
- Scheduled courtesy local transportation.
- Beauty salon/barber shop and planned social with recreational activities offering exceptional lifestyle programs.
- Don't just listen to us, hear what our residents have to say!
A Distinctively Different Retirement Community.
- 235 Inverness Center Drive, Hoover, AL 35242
- Village Clubhouse
- Wellness & Health Services
- Dining program includes three mouth-watering meals along with snacks and refreshments throughout the day
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
14 Independent Living Communities in the Anniston Area
Live Every Season
- 3605 Ratliff Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner served restaurant style in an elegant dining room
- Full program of social, intellectual, cultural and spiritual activities
- Veranda overlooking the Cahaba River
- Heated Pool
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and cultural events
Welcome to Bridgewood Gardens
- 151 Woodham Drive, Albertville, AL 35951
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartments with kitchenettes
- Library, social meeting areas, piano and aviary
- Month to month rental, no buy-in required
- All utilities included, except telephone
- Active Living Wellness Program
Experience an Enriching Senior Lifestyle.
- 1851 Data Drive, Hoover, AL 35244
- 3 delicious meals served daily plus snacks
- Nurses around the clock
- Life Enrichment Program
- Apartment Maintenance
- In addition to the Basic Services, additional levels of Personal Assistance are available and tailored to meet each resident's specific needs.
Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best
- 285 West Oxmoor Road, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Spacious one and two bedroom apartments
- A variety of daily activities including exercise, fitness, educational, religious, recreational and social, as well as day and other local events
- Access to dining room, private dining room, beauty/barber shop, media area, arts and crafts room, library, and several community areas
- Three delicious restaurant style meals
- 24 hour staff available for residents' convenience and in case of emergency
Alabama Senior Living at its Finest
- 3850 Galleria Woods Drive, Birmingham, AL 35244
- Beautifully landscaped courtyard
- Alarmed interior and exterior doors (Memory Care)
- Exercise room with fitness equipment
- Covered/garage parking available
- Beauty/barber shop
A Slice of Americana Awaits
- 415 Cook Springs Rd, Pell City, AL 35125
- Deliciously prepared home style meals, with selective menu, from an award winning food services department
- One-bedroom and two-bedroom plans available
- Monitored emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation for outings and shopping trips
- The Village at Cook Springs also offers a quiet library and chapel with daily services.
Welcome to Branchwater Village
- 763 Medical Center Parkway, Boaz, AL 35957
- Three Meals a Day, plus Snacks
- Month-To-Month Leases
- Emergency Call System in Each Unit
- On-Site Beauty/Barber Shop
- Scheduled Transportation Services in Village Vehicle
Our Mission at St. Martin's in the Pines is to serve God through a ministry that provides a continuum of care and quality of life to aging individuals and their families.
- 4941 Montevallo Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
- Full kitchen with stove and refrigerator
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Nutritious, well-balanced meals served daily
- Scheduled group transportation to shopping, dining out, and special events
- 24-hour electronic security and night-time guard service
Caring for those who cared for us...
- 100 Terrace Lake Drive, Guntersville, AL 35976
- An emergency call system for immediate nursing assistance
- Small pets are welcome
- Calendar of social events, including community outings, concerts, bible studies, arts & crafts, and bingo
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop services available for a nominal fee
Welcome to Mount Royal Towers
- 300 Royal Tower Drive, Vestavia Hills, AL 35209
- Elite Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has a full continuum of health care on site, including Retirement or Independent Living, Independent Plus, Assisted Living, Vintage Club Specialized Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Care, ActivCare Residential Alzheimer's Care, and Royal Club.
- Physicians clinic on-site, Harbin Pharmacy, a barber/beauty shop, Regions bank, convenience store, postal service, library, furnished lounges, private dining room, sun terrace and recreational facilities.
- Easy access to shopping malls, churches, restaurants and grocery stores, as well to activities in the community.
- Spectacular selection of ongoing activities, ranging from exercise classes, musical programs and trips around Birmingham
- Our affordable monthly fee also includes amenities that free you to pursue other interests.
Discover Renaissance Marquis Senior Living in Rome, GA
- 3126 Cedartown Hwy SW, Rome, GA 30161
- Spacious apartments with studio, one- or two-bedroom options.
- Safe, private bathrooms, with sit-down showers.
- Casually elegant dining room offering healthy, home-cooked meals.
- Library to relax with a favorite book or newspaper.
- Wellness room where residents can stay fit and healthy.
Celebrate the Stories of Life
- 2831 Highland Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Located near by is our independent living restaurant-style dining room where homemade soups and desserts are served daily.
- Greenbriar also offers convenient transportation to appointments and scheduled outings at no additional charge to residents.
- Our resident library is available for quiet reading by a cozy fire.
- With a world of activities waiting for you just beyond our gate, there's plenty to keep you entertained year-round.
- Bridge clubs, holiday family gatherings and dances are just a few of the many socials you'll see lighting up the days and evenings at Greenbriar.
All the comforts of home
- 2435 Columbiana Road, Birmingham, AL 35216
- Month-to-Month Rent, No Endowments
- 3 Delicious Home-Cooked Meals Served Daily
- Weekly Maid & Linen Service
- 24 Hour Access to Staff
- Scheduled Transportation
Great retirement living in the rolling foothills of the Appalachians...
- 3517 Lorna Rd, Hoover, AL 35216
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- Let our staff drivers transport you to appointments, on errands, and to off-site destinations for planned activities.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- No more vacuuming, no more dusting, no more loads of sheets and towels. Let us take care of the housework and laundry.
Other Independent Living Communities in the Anniston Area
Brookdale University Park
Alabama Senior Living at its Finest
- 400 University Park Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Studio, one bedroom and two bedroom floor plans available
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Emergency Call System
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Window coverings
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.