2 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Amelia Island Area
ELEVATE your expectations.
- The luxury and ease of living at Highpoint is further strengthened by our experienced leadership and management team as well as our all-inclusive rental financial structure – giving residents both assurance and predictability.
- You can count on us to pioneer the latest innovations in senior care to keep our residents healthy and protected. Designed with your safety in mind, we’ve taken a holistic approach to health and wellness that includes cutting-edge technology.
- Discover thoughtfully appointed, amenity-rich independent living designed to be both high-tech and high-touch.
- Restaurant-style and all-day farm-to-table dining with chef-prepared meals, Coffee bar with barista and a Rooftop bar and lounge
- Resort-style saltwater swimming pool, Full-service salon and spa, Billiards/game room, Dog Park and Fitness & exercise center
Welcome to Your New Home
- Beautiful One and Two Bedroom Apartment Homes
- Complimentary Cable and Wi-Fi in all Apartments
- Heated Exercise Pool and Spa, Upscale Fitness Center and Wellness Spa
- Putting Green and Shuffleboard Courts, Game Lounge
- Elegant, Restaurant-Style Dining, Saloon with Full Bar
12 Independent Living Communities in the Amelia Island Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- Seagrass Village of Fleming Island offers the finest senior living experience for those needing independent living, assisted living or memory care services.
- Our independent living community offers 1- and 2-bedroom apartments with spacious floor plans. Each apartment has its own kitchen with full-size appliances, a washer and dryer, and a living area with a screened balcony; so you can relax and enjoy your retirement.
- At Seagrass Village, the choices are numerous. Catch up with neighbors in the bistro, take a stroll in the courtyard along secure walking paths, socialize with friends during Social Hour in the lounge, or anytime in the refreshing waters of the pool or hot tub.
- 24 hour emergency response system, secure outdoor area and paths, Chef prepared meals
- In Memory Care, we have customized care programs, skilled medication administration and regular evaluations in place, you can be confident that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
Senior living community in Gainesville, FL, in a residential area lined with palms
- 2431 NW 41st St, Gainesville, FL 32606
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Large Screen TV Lounge, Gym, Billiard Lounge, Library, Computer Room with Internet Access and Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Pets Welcome
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
A Florida Christian Community Where Residents Come First
- 204 Maranatha Rd, Keystone Heights, FL 32656
- Those preferring an active lifestyle can utilize the peaceful settings of our walking paths, heated pool for healthy exercise, shuffleboard for stretching, or our fitness and therapy center to keep fit.
- There are a variety of affordable housing options to choose from, ranging from standard one bedroom apartments to deluxe two bedroom units.
- Park of the Palms, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation established to provide seniors 62 years of age and older with either permanent or temporary residence for independent or assisted living.
- Heated Pool, fitness center and more!
- At Park of the Palms, Inc. we pride ourselves on fostering a community of friendliness, respect and wellbeing, a place where people of Christian faith and values share their later years in comfort and community.
Experience an active senior living community in Ocala, FL, just 75 miles north of Orlando, FL
- 1661 SE 31st Street, Ocala, FL 34471
- Your own private suite with multiple floor plans and options to choose from
- Three nutritious, chef-prepared meals a day
- A full calendar of activities, events, and volunteer opportunities
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Pets warmly welcomed
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1801 SE 24 Road, Ocala, FL 34471
- Spacious Studio, One- and Two-Bedroom Plans
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Courtyard and Garden, Walking Paths
- Emergency Response System For Peace of Mind
A Vibrant Senior Living Community Located in Fleming Island, Florida
- 3651 US Highway 17, Fleming Island, FL 32003
- Warm and caring staff available 24-hours a day
- Three delicious chef-prepared meals every day, served restaurant style or delivered to you with our room service option
- Convenient scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping and activities
- Weekly housekeeping, maintenance, non-denominational chapel services and more
- Fitness and wellness classes for every ability level
Live Well. Be Happy.
- 25 State Rd 13, Jacksonville, FL 32259
- Waterfront, restaurant-style dining
- Fitness center and your choice of two heated, outdoor swimming pools
- Library and computer center
- Housekeeping services and scheduled transportation
- Health Resource Center to assist with personal wellness
Your Life, Your Way, Every Day
- 1550 El Camino Real, The Villages, FL 32159
- Golf cart community connected to The Villages® Town Squares
- Multiple dining venues, including a formal dining room and the Pointe Pub
- Fully equipped fitness center with heated indoor pool and hot tub
- Lifelong learning, discussions, classes and outings
- Full-service salon, barbershop and spa
Exceptional Senior Living
- 10790 Old Saint Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257
- A variety of planned activities and events
- Direct assistance with everyday tasks, like bathing, dressing and meals
- Transportation to doctor appointments
- A trained staff available 24 hours a day
- 3 senior apartment styles with each offering full kitchens. We offer studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms two baths; the community offers some of the largest apartments in senior housing
Explore the Possibilities
- 10660 Old Saint Augustine Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32257
- Secure, Safe Environment
- Indoor & Outdoor Lounge Areas
- In-House Restaurant & Bistro
- Fitness Classes for all Levels of Mobility and Engaging Activities Every Day
- Transportation Services
It's not like home. It is home.™
- 10141 St. Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32257
- Choice of studio or one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and choice of patio or balcony with most utilities included
- All-inclusive, restaurant-style dining
- Billiards Lounge and Game Room
- Fitness Center
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
High-rise city living for moderate-income seniors in Jacksonville, Florida
- 1045 Oak St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Affordable housing for seniors aged 62 and older
- Wi-Fi in common areas
- Barber/beauty shop
- Walking distance to restaurants, shops, churches, parks and medical offices
- Studio and one-bedroom apartments
Other Independent Living Communities in the Amelia Island Area
Diamond Assisted Living and Memory Care
Brilliance & Clarity in Exceptional Living
- 3339 US Hwy 17, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- 24 hour caregivers on staff
- Daily Activities
- Home health visits weekly
- 3 nutritious meals prepared by our Chef, approved by licensed dietician
- Secured courtyard with a variety of fruit trees for outdoor stimulation
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.