14 Independent Living Communities in the Altamonte Springs Area
Experience the Difference
- Spacious lounges, exercise room & activity room
- Beautiful courtyard with swimming pool
- Emergency electric back-up and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refridgerator, sink & cabinets
- Close to area shopping, hospital and medical plaza's
High above the rest
- One complimentary meal daily. Select from new menu options each day, served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- Weekly maid service including: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom and general housekeeping.
- General maintenance: repairs and replacement of appliances; heating; air conditioning; plumbing; fixture and equipment maintenance; and improvements.
- A host of scheduled social, recreational, educational, cultural and spiritual programs, including: guest speakers; receptions; field trips; entertainment; games; movies; and a variety of special events.
- Transportation to/from medical appointments, shopping and errands.
Exceptional Senior Living
- 217 Boston Ave, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Coffee Shop
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Outdoor Pool
- 24-Hour Staff
Our team strives so your family thrives
- 7255 Strive Place, Fern Park, FL 32730
- Chef-prepared dining, served restaurant-style
- Salon and barber shop
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Full calendar of educational, social and cultural activities/Wi-Fi access
- Licensed nurse on site 24/7
Your place to thrive.
- 160 Islander Court, Longwood, FL 32750
- Fabulous dining program with table-service and restaurant-style menu options
- Educational programs, outings and/or events daily
- Staff available around the clock for residents convenience and in case of emergency
- On-site banking and postal services
- Concierge services - no question goes unanswered
INDEPENDENT BY NATURE
- 500 Village Pl, Longwood, FL 32779
- Restaurant-style dining
- Extensive calendar of activities and events
- Weekly housekeeping service and flat linen service
- Community-sponsored trips
- 24-hour security and gated entrance
WELCOME TO THE PLYMOUTH APARTMENTS
- 1550 Gay Road, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Convenient to shopping, restaurants, professional services, public parks & golf course and Winter Park Community Center
- Tele-entry system for controlled building access
- Resident computer stations with free internet access
- Regularly planned monthly activities
- Community rooms equipped with televisions and meeting tables
Experience Your Own Personal Oasis
- 1620 Mayflower Court, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Elegant apartments to suit every need
- Waterfront Villas in a picturesque setting
- Amenities of a luxury resort
- Fine and casual dining options
- Housekeeping service (biweekly)
Oakmonte Village at Lake Mary offers a state-of-the-art resort-like lifestyle with endless amenities and activities.
- 1021 Royal Garden Cir, Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Located within easy reach of financial services, golf courses, shopping and entertainment
- Each residence includes many upscale features
- Full-size bathrooms with large cabinet vanities and linen closets
- Fine restaurant-quality dining, a bistro cafe and a state-of-the-art theater
- 24-hour reception desk to assist residents and visitors
Where being happy never gets old.
- 1111 South Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Exclusive My W Life wellbeing program, emphasizing wellness of body, mind, and soul
- Fitness center
- Heated, outdoor swimming pools with lakeshore views
- Restaurant-style dining all day long: delightful gourmet fare in the main dining room, a casual bistro menu at Westminster Baldwin Park or homemade grab-and-go café fare
- Lounge, pub and other common areas for entertaining
Exceptional Senior Living
- 203 South Wekiwa Springs Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
- Emergency Alert System
- Keypad Entry
- Ice Cream Parlor and Snack Shop
- Gardening/Greenhouse and Walking Paths
Independent senior living community 30 minutes from Orlando, FL
- 7015 Red Bug Lake Road, Oviedo, FL 32765
- No Buy-In Fees or Leases/Affordable Monthly Rent
- Utilities Included in Rent/Resident Manager On-Site 24 Hours
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Fun and Energetic Activities/Scheduled Local Transportation/Golf Course Nearby
Comfortable and affordable retirement for Lutherans since 1948!
- 2041 West State Road 426, Oviedo, FL 32765
- A faith based community offering a supportive environment where an emphasis is placed on spiritual, physical, intellectual and social wellness
- Our Life Lease Apartment Homes offer a simplified, maintenance-free independent living lifestyle with many extras
- Healthcare Services from Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care and Home Care
- You can be as busy as you want to be with a wide variety of activities
- Assisted Living services are available to all members of the community, regardless of religious affiliation and we have a dedicated Admissions Counselor and Social Worker to assist with the medical and insurance paperwork.
Where being happy never gets old.
- 70 West Lucerne Circle, Orlando, FL 32801
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Your choice of delightful dining options, with restaurant-style dining in the main dining room and casual fare in the Crossroads Café
- Heated, outdoor swimming pool
- Exclusive My W Life wellbeing program, emphasizing wellness of body, mind and soul
- Library and computer center
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.