2 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Albuquerque Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
It's More Than Retirement. It's Five-Star Fun.
- 920 Riverview Drive SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
- Three-story building, situated in a residential setting, with views of the Sandia Mountains
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment home
- Elegant, atrium-style dining room
- Emergency communication system in each apartment home
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service provided
7 Independent Living Communities in the Albuquerque Area
Senior Living at its Best
- 10301 Golf Course Road NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
- Fully-equipped kitchens/balconies and walk-out patios
- Casual, yet elegant dining with restaurant-style menu choices
- State-of-the-art fitness and physical therapy center
- Cozy lounges with fireplaces
- Full service beauty salon and day spa
A Senior Living Community in Albuquerque, NM, Designed with Your Needs in Mind
- 8301 Palomas Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
- Choice of studio, one and two bedroom units
- Three delicious chef-prepared meals per day
- Fresh linen service on a weekly basis
- Wellness program & group exercise classes
- Shopping & group excursions
- 10500 Academy Road, N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87111
- Restaurant-style dining with menu options
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Social, recreational, spiritual and educational activities
- Comfortable common areas with furnishings and artwork
- Exercise & wellness program
Albuquerque New Mexico Independent Senior Living
- 4440 Morris Street NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Exceptional Senior Living
- 300 Valencia Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
- Spacious studio (assisted living only), one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Our full-service dining room offers an elegant setting, generous hours, open seating and a host to ensure a pleasurable dining experience.
- Our indoor heated therapy pool gives our residents the opportunity to participate in water aerobics classes or just relax in style.
- Our beautiful community room provides ample space for social events as well as other scheduled activities.
- Our emergency response system is monitored 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week by our well-trained staff in case of an emergency.
A Senior Living Community in Rio Rancho, NM Designed with Your Needs in Mind
- 2331 Westside Blvd SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
- Studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom floorplans with kitchenettes
- 24-hour emergency pull cords in each room
- 3 chef-prepared meals daily
- Weekly housekeeping, including dusting, vacuuming, and sanitation of counters and cabinets
- Barber/Beauty Shop
Your Life, Enhanced in Avamere at Rio Rancho
- 1000 Riverview Dr. SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Engaging activities
- Apartment maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.