1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Southaven Area
6 Assisted Living Communities in the Southaven Area
New Heights in Southern Senior Living
- 108 Clarington Drive, Southaven, MS 38671
- Three delicious meals, served restaurant-style daily, plus snacks
- Social, recreational and educational activities
- Choice of spacious private and semi-private suites
- Each suite has a climate-control system, cable TV and phone hookups
A CHARTER SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY IN MEMPHIS, TN
- 6015 Primacy Parkway, Memphis, TN 38119
- One-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio apartments with a three-level community design
- Resource library with computers, reading lounge and card room, exercise classes, worship services, full-service beauty salon
- Game/movie nights, happy hours, scheduled transportation for appointments and outings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
- Short-term stays available
Welcome to The Glenmary At Evergreen, Senior Living Memphis TN
- 1550 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
- Daily Meals
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Scheduled Transportation
- Activities and Community Life Program
- Experience our newly built library, recreation room, arts & crafts room, theater, lounges and restrooms.
Keeping Life Vibrant
- 7701 Poplar Ave, Germantown, TN 38138
- We offer Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors.
- We have a great location with shopping, restaurants, and medical offices close to campus.
- We provide you with breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. All of the meals we offer are selected by a registered dietician to ensure optimal nutritional value.
- We launder your personal items, linens and towels and change your bed linens. You may do some or all of your own laundry in the complimentary washers/dryers.
- Professional nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services to our residents. Our nurses are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Exceptional Senior Living
- 8199 Poplar Avenue, Germantown, TN 38138
- Brookdale Dogwood Creek offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Fitness center, indoor pool, putting green/outdoor sports activities
- Pub/sports bar, café/bistro, community kitchen
- Business centers/computers, library, billiards, theater, arts and crafts studio, beauty/barber shop
- Emergency alert system
Where Senior Living Thrives
- 1535 Appling Care Lane, Cordova, TN 38018
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Engaging activities
- Apartment maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.