1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the South Milwaukee Area
19 Assisted Living Communities in the South Milwaukee Area
- 701 East Puetz Road, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- 24/7 Front desk concierge and nursing staff
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
- Complete dining program with snacks
- Lifestyle360 activities, group trips and clubs, free transportation
- Beauty salon, Café, Library, General store, Fitness room, Movie theater
A Community Focused on Family
- 2500 E Howard Ave, St. Francis, WI 53235
- Independent Living - The choices range from studio apartments, with a full kitchen and private bath, to large two-bedroom apartments with balconies
- Assisted Living - You may choose apartments ranging from studios featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to one-bedroom units. Select two-bedrooms based upon availability.
- Delicious home-style meals are served for lunch and dinner everyday. Our restaurant-style setting makes it seem more like dining than simply eating.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired. Heated underground parking is available.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation to pre-planned group outings, and the use of Howard Village's complete facilities are all part of the monthly fee as well.
Full Amenities and Scenic Views in Milwaukee
- 1500 W. Sonata Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53221
- Independent Living and Assisted Living apartments and services
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NBPI) system: Installed in all shared common spaces throughout our campus. NBPI is proven to eliminate 99.4% of airborne bacteria, molds, allergens, and viruses.
- Lifestyle Enrichment staff to plan activities, outings, gatherings and more, all based on resident interest
- Close to shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores; free scheduled transportation
- Spacious, open-concept apartments, most with a scenic view of Wilson Park
Welcome to Harbour Village - Senior Living in Greendale
- 5700 Mockingbird Lane, Greendale, WI 53129
- Three chef-inspired meals each day, served restaurant style
- Wellness Center featuring onsite physical, occupational and speech therapies
- A variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment choices
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- Pet friendly
Live your life your way
- 5301 W Lincoln Ave, West Allis, WI 53219
- Hotel-like private suites
- Large flat-screen TVs, games, movies, and more for your entertainment
- Breakfast, lunch, and supper each day are included in your stay, with all-day beverages and snacks
- Complimentary laundry and housekeeping services
- A variety of options for social interaction, physical and mental engagement, and spiritual and emotional wellness.
A Community Based on Family
- 9200 W Layton Avenue, Greenfield, WI 53228
- Coffee bar/snacks available 24 hours day
- Leisure activities 7 days a week
- Full-service beauty salon
- All utilities other than phone
- Companion Living available
Enjoy Comfortable, Casual Senior Living in Greenfield, Wisconsin
- 3933 S. Prairie Hill Lane, Greenfield, WI 53228
- Scheduled activities, entertainment, outings and social events, with scheduled transportation
- Three Chef-inspired, home-cooked meals a day and engaging dining companionship
- Regular housekeeping service, on-site or personal laundry service
- Utilities, including resident-controlled heat/air conditioning, electricity, garbage, water and sewer
- 24-hour building security
Everything we do at Ovation Jewish Home is to ultimately create joy and comfort for our residents within a safe and nurturing Jewish community.
- 1414 N. Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Kosher food is prepared and served under rabbinical direction
- A Certified Dietitian assesses each resident for nutritional needs, developing individual dietary plans
- Elegant setting overlooking Lake Michigan
- Newly renovated rooms offer beautiful views, carpeted floors, a lot of personal space, and beautiful art work
- The best nursing care available
Healthcare & Community Living
- 3023 S 84th Street, West Allis, WI 53227
- Restaurant-Style Dining Rooms & Bistro Café
- Restaurant-Style Dining Rooms & Bistro Café
- Ceramics/Craft Studios, Woodworking Shops, Weaving Room
- Fitness Room, Libraries, Convenience Store, Hair Salons, Game Rooms, Beautiful Chapel
- Bank, Courtyards, Transportation
- 728 E Pleasant Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- 9-foot ceilings with floor to ceiling windows
- Heat & air conditioning, controlled by individual thermostats
- Water, electricity, cable TV, Wi-Fi and landline phones included in rent
- Stainless steel appliances and in-unit washer & dryer
- Restaurant-style dining room
Enriched Retirement Living
- 1840 North Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Taylor's fine dining restaurant overlooking Lake Michigan
- Bistro with casual dining and vibrant cityscapes and cozy fireplace and gathering space
- State-of-the-art fitness center, including warm water pool and whirlpool
- Cultural Arts Center featuring lectures, concerts, movies, and performances
- Well-stocked library-books, books on tape/CD, periodicals, DVD's, games, music and magazines
A Community Based on Family
- 1820 S 75th St, West Allis, WI 53214
- Independent - The choices range from elegant studios to large two-bedroom apartments all with a full kitchen and private bath, some with balconies.
- Assisted Living - Our studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments feature a complete kitchen and private bath.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation, recreational programming and the use of all Library Square facilities are part of the affordable monthly fees.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired, and washers and dryers are conveniently located throughout the community.
- Heated underground parking is also available.
The Best Care
- 5910 South 118th Street, Hales Corners, WI 53130
- Spacious private suites
- Home cooked meals
- Community outings
- Laundry and linen services
- Skilled nursing and physical therapy services
"Singular Quality - Universal Accessibility"
- 7400 W Greenfield Ave, West Allis, WI 53214
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially trained on-site staff
- Engaging activities and community outing
- Apartment maintenance, linen service and weekly housekeeping
- Short-term respite care
Convenience, Camaraderie & Community
- 2462 N Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- A fully equipped therapy department in the Health Center is available to residents for outpatient use.
- The Residence offers a chauffeur service. Residents may schedule round trip transportation for a nominal fee.
- Residents enjoy great food and have wonderful conversations with their friends
- Activities such as current events, book club, bridge and crafts are opportunities to connect and make new friends
- The Ballroom hosts a variety of activities such as evening performances, holiday parties and art shows
A Friendly Place to Call Home
- 6600 W River Parkway, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation, recreational programming and the use of all of Hart Part Square facilities are available at no additional charge.
- Homestyle meals that are freshly prepared are served daily in our dining room. Service is provided restaurant style by our friendly waitstaff.
- Recreational programming and the use of all Hart Park Square's facilities are included in the monthly rent at no additional charge.
- Heated garage parking is available, and scheduled transportation to pre-planned events, outings and shopping is provided.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired. Some apartments have a washer and dryer within, and there are laundry facilities conveniently located throughout the building on each floor.
Be Inspired. Everyday!
- 100 W River Woods Parkway, Glendale, WI 53217
- Brand-new community offering Assisted Living and A Knew Day Memory Care
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Programming designed around the seven dimensions of wellness: social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, occupational and environmental
- All-day dining available in the Grand View Dining room, featuring delicious, farm-to-table selections using fresh, flavorful and nutritious ingredients
- Luxurious amenities, including the Silver Spring theater, Glen Library, Bayside Piano Lounge and Sundara Salon and Spa
Faith is the Heart of Our Home
- 3800 North 92nd Street, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Chef-prepared, homecooked meals are served modified restaurant-style in our dining rooms
- Our apartments in Jordan Hall and Tivoli Terrace provide a private, homelike environment within a comforting campus setting
- Each apartment complex has their own dining room, lounge space, and caring staff
- Access to a variety of healthcare services including rehabilitation services, physician care, ophthalmology, otolaryngology (ENT), dentistry, podiatry, geriatric psychiatry, and psychology
- Onsite hairstylists and barbers
- 8800 Shannon Ln, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- Independent living and assisted living services
- Close to shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores; private walking path to Milaegar’s Garden Center
- Full-time lifestyle staff to plan activities and outings based on resident interest
- On-site fitness center, general store, and full-service hair salon
- Heated, underground parking available
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.