6 Assisted Living Communities in the Salinas Area
Exceptional Senior Living
- 290 Regency Circle, Salinas, CA 93906
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and lovely gardens
- Considered one of the Salinas Valley's premier assisted living and Alzheimer's communities
- 69 apartments on two floors featuring a modern open floor plan and many community gathering areas
- Our community gathering areas, including our lovely dining room, TV room, library and activities center, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
Senior Living in Monterey!
- 200 Iris Canyon Road, Monterey, CA 93940
- 110 senior living apartments. Choose from studios, one and two bedroom apartments and cottages
- Independent living, assisted living, memory care and respite care services. Take advantage of personal care services if needed
- Anytime Dining. Enjoy fresh, restaurant-style meals served on your schedule - 7 am to 7 pm - 7 days a week
- Active Living. Pursue physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual interests
Distinctive Monterey, California senior living–designed to complement your lifestyle and enrich your life.
- 200 Glenwood Circle, Monterey, CA 93940
- Restaurant open 12-hours daily
- Vista Lounge with panoramic views of Monterey Bay
- Full equipped Fitness Center and Whirlpool
- Multipurpose Arts & Crafts Studio
- Walking paths along lushly landscaped gardens
Our Personalized Approach to Care Helps Us Meet Your Changing Needs.
- 1110 Cass Street, Monterey, CA 93940
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
Luxury Senior Living in Carmel Valley
- 26245 Carmel Rancho Blvd, Carmel, CA 93923
- Here, you'll find more than a beautiful, modern, luxurious residence to call your own
- An intimate senior friendly environment with 24-hour staffing and outstanding care, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- Let us do the cooking while you enjoy the daily meeting of friends around the table with food you'll love.
- Stay active in current interests and discover new ones with dozens of monthly classes, concerts, outings and events.
- Enjoy your home knowing that we take care of everything. From security to maintenance to housekeeping, our staff is at your beck and call 24 hours per day.
Gilroy Independent, Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy, CA 95020
- State-of-the-art resident call system in every apartment
- Library, comfortable living rooms and social meeting areas
- Month to month rental, no buy-in required
- Anytime Dining served restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.