1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Roxboro Area
Redefining Senior Living
- Restaurant-Style Dining with Tableside Service
- Daily Activities, Recreation & Social Events
- Professional Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Pet-Friendly Community
- Move-In & Pharmacy Coordination
3 Assisted Living Communities in the Roxboro Area
Where caring comes to life
- IV Therapy
- Pain Management
- Restorative Nursing
- Lab Services
- Respiratory Services
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- 1111 Main Street, Danville, VA 24541
- Resident's choice of apartment floor plan
- Three restaurant-style meals of your choice served daily, snacks served in between
- Beauty salon and barber shop (on site)
- Private, in-house movie theater and exercise room
- 24-hour emergency response
Helping your loved one achieve peak wellness
- 24 hour access to Certified Nursing Assistants & Personal Care Staff
- Customized care with Registered Nurse overview
- Life enrichment program including outings and daily activities
- Restaurant-style dining serving breakfast & lunch & dinner
- Scheduled local transportation to professional appointments
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Roxboro Area
Cambridge Hills of Roxboro
Senior Care and Southern Hospitality
- 5660 Durham Road, Roxboro, NC 27574
- Located in the country but only mere minutes from the city of Durham and Roxboro
- Near Duke and UNC Hospitals
- A holistic approach to care focusing on physical health, as well as mental, emotional and spiritual health
- Upscale amenities and personalized services
- Carefully selected and trained staff to provide 24-hour supervision
Keep On Loving Life
- 2600 Croasdaile Farm Parkway, Durham, NC 27705
- Beautiful 100 Acre Campus
- On-Site Health Services
- Walking Trails and Lake
- Fitness Center and Pool
- Independent Lifestyle With Personal Services, Assisted Living and Nursing Care
Exceptional Senior Living
- 4434 Ben Franklin Blvd, Durham, NC 27704
- Personalized Care Plans
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Social & Educational Activities
- Local Scheduled Transportation
- Respite Care & Short Term Stays
Carver Rehabilitation and Living Center
WELCOME TO CARVER REHABILITATION & LIVING CENTER
- 303 East Carver St, Durham, NC 27704
- 24-Hour Nursing Care
- Hospice & Respite Care
- Rehabilitative Services
- Alzheimer's Care
- Short-Term Rehab or Long-Term Care
LiveWell @ Birchwood Lake Estates
Champions of Joy in Aging!
- 6720 Pauline Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- A serene, safe and beautiful environment situated on 3.5 acres adjacent to Duke Forest and in close proximity to UNC and Duke medical centers.
- Indoor and outdoor recreation areas, indoor pool
- Large decks, library/screening room, a gazebo and walking trails.
- Programs and services are designed to counter loneliness and boredom and encourage appropriate levels of independence and activity.
- RN on staff and experienced and compassionate caregivers
Carol Woods Retirement Community
With more than 40 years of making a difference in the lives of residents and the surrounding community, Carol Woods has set the standard for excellence in the field of aging.
- 750 Weaver Dairy Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- 120 Wooded Acres
- Nationally Accredited
- S&P Rating of A
- Convenient To Duke & UNC
- Internationally Recognized Health Care
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.