1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Ridgeway Area
Begin Your New Adventure Today
- Three delicious meals served daily, restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping / Linen and personal laundry service
- Transportation to scheduled activities and local medical appointments
- Medications dispensed by trained staff
- Coordination with physicians for medical services
14 Assisted Living Communities in the Ridgeway Area
Where you are family!
- A faith based, non profit continuous care community located in NE Columbia
- 24 hour Nursing Assistance and Monoriting
- Chef prepared meals
- Full time Life Enrichment Director for activities
- Private one bedroom apartments
A home-like Quality Care Alternative for seniors
- Secure Memory Care Units
- Licensed Nurses 24 hours/day
- On-site Wellness center
- Weekly house-keeping & laundry
- Variety of floor plans
We love our seniors and it shows!
- Full-time Life Enrichment Director on Staff to Meet Varied Interests
- Exercise and Strength Training Facilities
- Three Restaurant Style Meals Daily Plus Snacks
- 2 Beautiful Fireplaces for your enjoyment
- 24-Hour Staff Assistance
An All-Inclusive, Custom Alzheimer’s & Memory Care and Transitional Assisted Living Facility in West Columbia, SC for Your Loved One!
- Our Person-Centered Care approach is based on the resident’s lifetime routine, not ours. Additionally, we provide health monitoring, medication management, assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, and oral care.
- Our community’s leadership team includes our Executive Director, Health Services Director, and Life Enrichment Director.
- Our daily menu incorporates foods from the Rush University Medical Center MIND Diet that fosters brain health.
- Our state-of-the-art Virtual Reality Therapy enables residents to explore bucket list journeys and experiences they’ve always wanted to complete, all within the comfort of our community.
- Sensory stimulation therapy can reduce tension, agitation, anxiety, depression, and anger which are common behavioral side effects in seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
Care for those in need of assisted or independent living
- 308 Humphries Rd, Ridgeway, SC 29130
- Three nutritious meals served daily.
- Private sundeck
- Enclosed fenced area
- Security alarms
- Cable TV
Family Serving Families
- 2300 Clemson Rd, Columbia, SC 29229
- Choice of several apartments and suites
- Secure Memory Care Neighborhood
- Restaurant-style dining
- Expansive social and recreational programs
- On-site rehabilitation services
To Enrich Lives and be Faithful Stewards of All Entrusted To Us.
- To ensure exceptional care for our residents, we have an on-site Health Services Director, resident care aides and medication technicians
- Our care team is available 24/7, to ensure that our residents get the care they need.
- Each month, we plan activities designed to appeal to every resident, such as crafts, movies, puzzles and games, reminiscing and gardening.
- Special Programming includes: Fitness activities such as outdoor activities, Sit & Fit and armchair aerobics, Musical performances, creative therapy, Games, movies and church services
- We offer Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care
Exceptional Senior Living
- 251 Springtree Drive, Columbia, SC 29223
- Emergency Alert System
- Keypad Entry
- Fireside Living Room, Library, Arts & Crafts Studio and Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden, Landscaped Grounds
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
Premier Assisted Living in Camden, SC
- 719 Kershaw Hwy., Camden, SC 29020
- Comfortable and spacious room options that include full, handicapped-equipped bathrooms.
- Wireless emergency response system available in each apartment.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting dining room.
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants and community events.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services, transportation to professional services, such as to physician, dental, therapy, specialist and optometrist appointments.
We are more than assisted living, We're family
- 4405 Forest Drive, Columbia, SC 29206
- A choice of accommodations, with large bathrooms and carpeted suites
- An emergency call system in all bedrooms and bathrooms
- Three delicious meals served restaurant style each day ... with fresh flowers on every table
- A computer lab where residents can send and receive e-mail from friends and family
- Two comfortable vans for interesting outings, medical appointments and more
Exceptional Senior Living
- 51 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
- 24-Hour Trained Staff
- Emergency Response System
- Medication Management
- Housekeeping & Laundry
- Activities, Outings & Events
Gracious living in a caring environment
- 700 DaVega Drive, Lexington, SC 29073
- Open to people of all faiths
- Wellness programming
- Cultural and social events
- Walking Paths and boardwalks to Saluda River
- Organization with over 60 years of service in SC
Settle In. Branch Out.
- 190 McSwain Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169
- Studio and Studio Deluxe apartments
- Lovely outdoor spaces for relaxing, socializing and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine
- Extensive array of amenities designed to ensure your comfort, convenience and enjoyment
- Social and recreational program
- Housekeeping and laundry service
It's a new day to live well
- 1 Still Hopes Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169
- Indoor, heated swimming pool
- Well-equipped fitness center with exercise classes
- On-campus bar and pub
- Arts and crafts room
- Four unique dining venues
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.