5 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Richmond Area
Affordable, Person-Centered Senior Living
- Professional, Caring nursing staff on site 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Enriching Activity Program with a Full Time Activity Director
- Complete Restaurant Style Dining with 3 delicious meals served daily
- On site rehabilitation
- Respite Stays Welcome
Richmond's Finest 50+ Senior Living Apartment Community
- New Pool and LIV Café Coming Soon!
- On Site Pharmacy, Grocery Store, Banking and Voting Precinct
- All Utilities Included as Well as Cable
- 13 Acres of Gated Walking Trails and a Huge Variety of Active Sports, Games and Exercise Options
- Social and Medical Transportation and At Least 5 Events Daily
Exceptional Care. Exceptional Value
- Grand Clubhouse with formal dining, theater and wellness center
- Chef prepared handmade gourmet meals served restaurant style
- Group Shopping, Dining & Entertainment, Outings and day trips
- Personalized Care Services based on your needs
- Medical Director scheduled visits and on-site therapies
Excellence in Senior Living
- Private Lifestyle with Convenient Services
- State-Of-The-Art Rehabilitation Clinic
- Busy Activities Schedule
- Campus Transportation System
- We Practice the "I'm Still Here" Approach to Living
Excellence in Senior Living
- 5,000-square-foot Multi-purpose Area with State-of-the-Art Electronics and Theater
- Outdoor Terraces and Spa
- Catering and Private Dining for Special Occasions, Weekday Dinner Program, Guest Meals
- Private bathrooms with safety grab bars, seating benches and handheld showerheads
- On-site Rehabilitative Therapy
2 Assisted Living Communities in the Richmond Area
If You Can Dream It...The Barrington at Hioaks Can Make It Happen.
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- LUXE Unlimited Salon with Pedicure/Manicure Services and Hair Stylists
- Activities Room with Big Screen TV
- Beautifully Landscaped Grounds with Individual Garden Areas, a Gazebo, and Breezeway with Benches
- Delicious, Nutritious Meals Prepared by Our Executive Chef with Service in a Restaurant-Like Setting
Our Family Serving Your Family With Professional, Compassionate Care
- 9991 Ridgefield Parkway, Richmond, VA 23233
- Full Staff of Trained Care Providers
- Superior Emergency & Security System
- Creative & Diverse Activities
- Porches, Patios & Comfortable Furnishings
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Richmond Area
Windsor Senior Living
Our Family Serving Your Family for Over 30 Years
- 3600 Grove Avenue, Richmond, VA 23221
- Beautiful, newly renovated interior and landscaped grounds
- Licensed nurses on site 24-hours per day
- Social and leisure activities tailored to the Residents interests
- Spacious private and companion rooms with half bathrooms
- Nutritious and appetizing meals served resturant style
The HeartFields of Richmond
In the heart of the historic FAN DISTRICT
- 501 North Allen Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220
- Richmond's premiere Assisted Living Community located in the the Historic Fan District
- Uparalleled Assisted living services offering mutiple levels of care by an experienced nursing staff with on site rehabilitation and wellness program
- Comfortable, friendly evironment where residents, family members and pets feel like they belong
- Historic Shenandoah building (circa 1905) located at Monument Avenue, offering 55 beautiful apartments
- Scheduled transportation to Doctor's, Shopping, Activities
The Hermitage in Richmond
- 1600 Westwood Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227
The Crossings at Bon Air
A Life Fulfilling Retirement Community
- 9101 Midlothian Turnpike, Suite 700, Richmond, VA 23235
- Rental senior living apartments with no large up-front entrance fee.
- Fully appointed studio, one and two bedroom/two bathroom apartments.
- A unique assisted living service plan offering up to 30 minutes of personal care assistance per day.
- A specialized, secure memory care program.
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation center located on-campus.
Westminster Canterbury - Richmond
- 1600 Westbrook Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227
Sunrise at Bon Air
- 2105 Cranbeck Road, Richmond, VA 23235
Ginter Hall South
- 11300 Mall Court, Richmond, VA 23235
Sunrise of Richmond
Involving Friends and Family
- 1807 North Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23229
- Peaceful Wooded Community
- Personalized Services & Assistance
- Safe & Stimulating Alzheimer's Care
- Scheduled Group Trips & Resident Clubhouse
- Professional & Caring Staff
St. Mary's Woods
- 1257 Marywood Lane, Richmond, VA 23229
Morningside in the West End
- 3000 Skipwith Road, Richmond, VA 23294
- 9010 Woodman Road, Richmond, VA 23228
Brighton Gardens of Richmond
Commited to Caring
- 1800 Gaskins Rd, Richmond, VA 23238
- Beautifully Landscaped Courtyards
- Cable or Satelitte Tv and All Utilities Except Phone
- State-Of-The-Art Fire Safety System
- Washers and Dryers Available For Personal Use
- Full Service Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Vitality Living West End Richmond
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1800 Gaskins Road, Richmond, VA 23238
- Assisted Living- Quality care for quality of life.
- Short-Stay Respite- A great way to get to know us.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia- Memories made for memories lost.
- Friendship Suites- Just right for many seniors.
- Senior Day Program- A day with friends and fun.
Meadow Glen of Richmond
Continuing a tradition of caring for your loved ones
- 2400 Gaskins Rd, Richmond, VA 23238
- Quaint Community with 48 Apartments
- All Apartments on the Ground Level, No Need for Elevators
- Back-to-Back 3-Year Licenses with the State (DSS)
- Privately Owned and Operated
- Tenured Staff with Attention to Details
The Hermitage at Cedarfield
- 2300 Cedarfield Parkway, Richmond, VA 23233
Ginter Hall West
- 12411 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23233
The Brightest Tomorrows Begin Here
- 12401 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23238
- No endowment fees, affordable monthly rents
- Spacious studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with kitchen & safety features
- Restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant dining room
- Beauty salon, barber shop, library, activities room & lovely walking trail
- Ideal West End location at Gayton & Ridgefield Pkwy
Our Lady of Hope Health Center
Hope Is Where The Heart Is
- 13700 N. Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23233
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.