3 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Poquoson Area
We listen. We love. We care. We serve.
- Private and Semi-private rooms with private bath - Daily Activities
- Trips and Social Programs - Individualized Care Plans
- 24-hour Available Staff - Weekly Housekeeping/Linens
- Medication Management - Specialized Memory Care Wing
- Short Term Respite stays - Pets Welcome - No Entrance Fees - Award Winning Memory Care
We listen. We love. We care. We serve.
- Private and Suite rooms with private bath - Daily Activities
- Individualized Care Plans - 24-hour Available Staff
- Weekly Housekeeping/Linens - Trips and Social Programs
- Medication Management - Short Term Respite stays
- Pets Welcome - No Entrance Fees * Award Winning Memory Care
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- Farm to Table Dining and nutritional meals and snacks are served in one of our elegant dining rooms
- Thanks to two enthusiastic Activities Directors on staff and many caring volunteers, Churchland House is bustling with activity for residents of all abilities
- Residents can enjoy time in the property's new Solarium, which exits onto to a furnished courtyard - perfect for energizing fresh air and peaceful reflection
- For those looking for the front-porch comforts of home, Churchland House offers a sunroom full of warmth and views of the outdoors
- Award Winning Memory Care
11 Assisted Living Communities in the Poquoson Area
An Upscale Senior Living Community Coming Soon to Yorktown, VA
- Artful Dining®: The Yorktown, VA area is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring dishes making this part of the country legendary.
- Zestful Activities®: We have scheduled outings for shopping and entertainment around the area.
- Heartful Care®: From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- HEARTS® Welcome Program: One of our signature programs, is your grand entrance into the community stress free.
- Nothing is more important to us than making sure your decision to move into our community meets your expectations and satisfaction.
Welcome to The Devonshire, Live Happy, You Deserve it!
Independent Living From - $2060 - $3450 / Assisted Living From - $3249 - $3999
- Security, emergency maintenance and medical access 24 hours a day
- Beautiful landscaping with private gardens
- Utilities included except phone, internet and cable
- Free housekeeping and laundry facilities
- Scheduled activities and free transportation
Welcome to The Hidenwood, Nestled in the Woods of Newport News
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- A Variety of Social, Educational, and Cultural Opportunities are Available Every Day
- Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant-Style
- Walking Trail with LifeTrail Equipment. Individual Raised Gardening Areas
- Spacious, Apartment Style Living
Because People Make the Place
- Independent and Assisted Living, Secure Memory Care and Respite Stays.
- 24-hour Team Including LPN Supervision, Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Individualized Service Plans for Each Assisted Living Resident
- Social Activities and a Full Time Life Enrichment Director
- Transportation to Doctor's Appointments and Other Activities
Senior Living in Newport News Virginia
- 955 Harpersville Road, Newport News, VA 23601
- Full service Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Offers true Life Care and Fee for Services financial arrangements
- Nursing care center has received zero deficiencies in 11 of the last 12 annual surveys
- Located on 35 spacious acres convenient to City Center of Newport News and I-64
- Promotes a healthy and active lifestyle through classes, fitness center, swimming pool, and one-on-one personal consultation
Experience the Harmony Difference
- 3540 Victory Boulevard, Yorktown, VA 23693
- No costly buy-in/No long-term leases
- Affordable monthly rent
- Farm-to-table dining
- Pet friendly
- Large spacious apartments
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Newport News, VA
- 655 Denbigh Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23608
- Choice of suite layouts
- Comfortable common areas, tastefully decorated
- Assistance with activities of daily life
- Complete dining program with snacks
- Regular individualized needs assessment
A Hampton Roads full-service Continuing Care Retirement Community.
- One Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510
- Restaurant style dinning, 3 meals daily
- Personalized activities program with organized outings/Holistic fitness program
- 24-hour nursing coverage/Medication administration
- Utilities included (except telephone)/Emergency response system
- 33 private spacious apartments/Daily housekeeping
A fresh approach to assisted living...the neighborhood concept
- 6403 Granby St, Norfolk, VA 23505
- Assisted Living, Private one and two Bedroom Suites
- Respite Care for up to 30 days
- Specialized Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Neighborhood
- Activities led by licensed Recreation Therapist
- 24 hour supervision by nursing staff
Assisted Living & Memory Care in Suffolk Virginia
- 6860 Harbour View Blvd, Suffolk, VA 23435
- Private Apartments with Maintenance Free Living
- Registered Nurse Provides Care Coordination for Individualized Service Plans
- Specialized Memory Care Program
- We Love Your Pets and Provide Pet Care
Independent Living | Assisted Living | Memory Care
- 5871 Harbour View Blvd, Suffolk, VA 23435
- No large, upfront entrance fees / Spacious one & two-bedroom apartments
- Washer and Dryer in all apartments / Elegant Dining Room / Theater / Pub
- Three hospitals located within seven miles
- Adjacent to small retail center, featuring Starbucks Located across the street from Harbour View West Shopping Center
- As a Harmony Senior Services community, you can expect a caring, passionate, and professional staff committed to creating an active environment at The Crossings at Harbour View
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Poquoson Area
Dominion Village At Poquoson
Beautiful Assisted Living in Poquoson
- 531 Wythe Creek Road, Poquoson, VA 23662
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Restaurant-style dining
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
Golden Care Services
Just like home! We treat your family like our family.
- 532 Settler's Landing Road, Hampton, VA 23669
- Traditional family style setting
- Private & semi private rooms
- Schedule and unscheduled needs addressed
- Transportation arrangements provided
Colonial Manor at Williamsburg
Welcome to Colonial Manor at Williamsburg Assisted Living & Memory Care
- 8679 Pocahontas Trail, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Spacious Apartments with Optional Patio Enclosure
- Full-service dining
- Activity center with movies, crafts and game area
- Gracious gathering hall with fireplace
- Beauty salon / barber shop
Charter Senior Living of Williamsburg
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Williamsburg, VA.
- 440 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Licensed nurses and caregivers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Three delicious meals and snacks served restaurant-style daily
- Planned social, educational, and recreational activities daily
- Scheduled local transportation available
- Respite stays
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.