4 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Pell City Area
A Distinctively Different Retirement Community.
- 235 Inverness Center Drive, Hoover, AL 35242
- Village Clubhouse
- Wellness & Health Services
- Dining program includes three mouth-watering meals along with snacks and refreshments throughout the day
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Live Carefree in Our Senior Living Community
- Well-designed, spacious apartment homes, complete with deluxe wall-to-wall carpeting and mini-blind window treatments.
- Monthly meal plan consisting of 30 meals per person in a restaurant dining atmosphere.
- Scheduled courtesy local transportation.
- Beauty salon/barber shop and planned social with recreational activities offering exceptional lifestyle programs.
- Don't just listen to us, hear what our residents have to say!
Welcome to NHC Place
- 1335 Greenbrier Road, Anniston, AL 36207
- Choice of five floor plans
- Apartments furnished or unfurnished
- Elegant restaurant style dining
- Free educational programs and enrichment opportunities
- Special events, festive meals and parties throughout the year
Independence, Dignity and Choice.
- 4000 Greenwood Drive, Hoover, AL 35216
- Nurse supervised, 24-hour staff attention
- Three homestyle meals daily
- Planned off and on-site recreation
- Weekly thorough housekeeping and daily tidy up
9 Assisted Living Communities in the Pell City Area
Live Every Season
- 3605 Ratliff Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner served restaurant style in an elegant dining room
- Full program of social, intellectual, cultural and spiritual activities
- Veranda overlooking the Cahaba River
- Heated Pool
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and cultural events
Independence, Dignity and Choice.
- 3776 Crosshaven Drive, Birmingham, AL 35223
- Special sound proofing insulation between apartments
- Residential carpeting and floor covering
- Cable TV and telephone ready
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Kitchenette area with microwave & refrigerator
At LakeView Estates, you'll feel right at home from your very first visit
- 2634 Valleydale Road, Birmingham, AL 35244
- Choice of private studios or companion suites with views of the lake
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Restaurant-style dining with a variety of menu options
- Secure outdoor patio, courtyards, and walking trails
- Social, recreational, educational, and spiritual activities
A Slice of Americana Awaits
- 415 Cook Springs Rd, Pell City, AL 35125
- Deliciously prepared home style meals, with selective menu, from an award winning food services department
- One-bedroom and two-bedroom plans available
- Monitored emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation for outings and shopping trips
- The Village at Cook Springs also offers a quiet library and chapel with daily services.
Here's to life!
- 2366 Old Springville Rd, Birmingham, AL 35215
- Private and shared assisted living apartments
- Charming, home-like community settings
- Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
- Easy access for those with limited mobility
- Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®
Our Mission at St. Martin's in the Pines is to serve God through a ministry that provides a continuum of care and quality of life to aging individuals and their families.
- 4941 Montevallo Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
- Full kitchen with stove and refrigerator
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Nutritious, well-balanced meals served daily
- Scheduled group transportation to shopping, dining out, and special events
- 24-hour electronic security and night-time guard service
With over 10 years of service in the community Prince Place is an excellent facility that you will be happy to call home
- 925 Vaughn Road, Trafford, AL 35172
Welcome to Mount Royal Towers
- 300 Royal Tower Drive, Vestavia Hills, AL 35209
- Elite Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has a full continuum of health care on site, including Retirement or Independent Living, Independent Plus, Assisted Living, Vintage Club Specialized Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Care, ActivCare Residential Alzheimer's Care, and Royal Club.
- Physicians clinic on-site, Harbin Pharmacy, a barber/beauty shop, Regions bank, convenience store, postal service, library, furnished lounges, private dining room, sun terrace and recreational facilities.
- Easy access to shopping malls, churches, restaurants and grocery stores, as well to activities in the community.
- Spectacular selection of ongoing activities, ranging from exercise classes, musical programs and trips around Birmingham
- Our affordable monthly fee also includes amenities that free you to pursue other interests.
Celebrate the Stories of Life
- 2831 Highland Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Located near by is our independent living restaurant-style dining room where homemade soups and desserts are served daily.
- Greenbriar also offers convenient transportation to appointments and scheduled outings at no additional charge to residents.
- Our resident library is available for quiet reading by a cozy fire.
- With a world of activities waiting for you just beyond our gate, there's plenty to keep you entertained year-round.
- Bridge clubs, holiday family gatherings and dances are just a few of the many socials you'll see lighting up the days and evenings at Greenbriar.
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Pell City Area
Brookdale University Park
Alabama Senior Living at its Finest
- 400 University Park Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Studio, one bedroom and two bedroom floor plans available
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Emergency Call System
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Window coverings
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.