4 Assisted Living Communities in the Palmer Area
Serving Alaskans since 1971
- 250 East Fireweed Avenue, Palmer, AK 99645
- Private or semi-private rooms
- Opportunities for recreation
- Meals & housekeeping services
- Nursing assessment and intermittent health services depending upon level of care
- Payment assistance for those who qualify
Respect, Dignity, Compassion, Understanding and Love
- 1205 N Tranquility Ln, Palmer, AK 99645
- Private Bedrooms
- 2 Resident Lounges
- 3 Nutritious Home Cooked Meals & Snacks
- Assistance with Daily Living & Recreation Activities
- Simple Beauty Shop Services (Licensed Cosmetologist on Staff)
This Is Living!
- 889 N. Elkhorn Drive, Wasilla, AK 99654
- Townhomes - Independent and Assisted Living
- Our Primrose bus can take us to see places in Alaska that other people just dream of.
- Movie Theatre
- Ice Cream Parlor
- Beauty Parlor/Barber Shop
Serving Seniors from Hiland to Eklutna
- 22424 N Birchwood Loop, Chugiak, AK 99567
- Our outstanding location with views of Alaskan moutntains and wildlife makes us the destination choice.
- An impressive array of cultural and social opportunities
- Supportive services are available to meet scheduled and unscheduled needs in a way that promotes maximum dignity and independence for each resident and involves the resident's family and friends
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.