4 Assisted Living Communities in the Palatka Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- Vintage Care offers the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services
- At Vintage Carethe choices are numerous. Catch up with neighbors in the lounge, take a stroll in the courtyard along secure walking paths, or socialize with friends during Social Hour.
- We feature wellness programs, managed care and emergency response systems, and are fully capable of providing the most complete and appropriate care available in senior living today
- With 24-hour state-of-the-art emergency response systems, residents and family members have peace of mind that care is always available
- For those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia,our residents can be assured that they will receive the care that they need beyond what traditional assisted living communities can provide. Healthcare monitoring and management, personalized care and assistance, and much more are delivered in a safe and secure environment.
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- Seagrass Village of Fleming Island offers the finest senior living experience for those needing independent living, assisted living or memory care services.
- Our independent living community offers 1- and 2-bedroom apartments with spacious floor plans. Each apartment has its own kitchen with full-size appliances, a washer and dryer, and a living area with a screened balcony; so you can relax and enjoy your retirement.
- At Seagrass Village, the choices are numerous. Catch up with neighbors in the bistro, take a stroll in the courtyard along secure walking paths, socialize with friends during Social Hour in the lounge, or anytime in the refreshing waters of the pool or hot tub.
- 24 hour emergency response system, secure outdoor area and paths, Chef prepared meals
- In Memory Care, we have customized care programs, skilled medication administration and regular evaluations in place, you can be confident that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
A Florida Christian Community Where Residents Come First
- 204 Maranatha Rd, Keystone Heights, FL 32656
- Those preferring an active lifestyle can utilize the peaceful settings of our walking paths, heated pool for healthy exercise, shuffleboard for stretching, or our fitness and therapy center to keep fit.
- There are a variety of affordable housing options to choose from, ranging from standard one bedroom apartments to deluxe two bedroom units.
- Park of the Palms, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation established to provide seniors 62 years of age and older with either permanent or temporary residence for independent or assisted living.
- Heated Pool, fitness center and more!
- At Park of the Palms, Inc. we pride ourselves on fostering a community of friendliness, respect and wellbeing, a place where people of Christian faith and values share their later years in comfort and community.
Exceptional Senior Living
- 150 Mariner Health Way, Saint Augustine, FL 32086
- Assisted living is a great option for seniors who need a little extra support with daily living activities like dressing, bathing or managing medication, as well as household chores and maintenance.
- Memory care offers your loved one a secure, home-like environment to thrive. Our trained care team uses a person-centered approach to create feelings of belonging while seeking to help preserve our residents’ identities and sense of self.
- With activity calendars tailored to their care needs and skill levels, our assisted living and memory care residents have opportunities to connect with friends and neighbors.
- Memory care residents enjoy activities like crafting, socializing at get-togethers, reminiscing about the old days and sing-a-longs.
- With our restaurant-style dining, you can enjoy the convenience of healthy and delicious meals each day.
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Palatka Area
Diamond Assisted Living and Memory Care
Brilliance & Clarity in Exceptional Living
- 3339 US Hwy 17, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- 24 hour caregivers on staff
- Daily Activities
- Home health visits weekly
- 3 nutritious meals prepared by our Chef, approved by licensed dietician
- Secured courtyard with a variety of fruit trees for outdoor stimulation
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.