7 Assisted Living Communities in the Okemos Area
- 3830 Okemos Road, Okemos, MI 48864
- An extension of your home, your apartment is yours to personalize and decorate to your unique tastes
- Home-style food at the Family Table
- Registered Nurse Provides Care Coordination
- Life Enrichment & Support Programs
- Every customized service plan is all inclusive, with no hidden charges
Welcome to Prestige Way
- 4300 Keller Rd, Holt, MI 48842
- Conveniently located just south of Lansing, in Holt
- nestled close to shopping, dining, doctor's offices, theaters, hospitals, and more
- personalized care plans to meet our residents' full needs
- We have been chosen to receive some of the highest honors awarded to senior living communities in the State of Michigan
Welcome to Addington Place of Dewitt
- 1177 W Solon Rd, Dewitt, MI 48820
- Located in DeWitt, MI, just north of Lansing
- Nestled on the Looking Glass River, a tributary of the Grand River
- Surrounded by woods, wildlife, and pure peace of mind
- Professional, award-winning care team
- Nutritious and delicious menu offerings, and outstanding daily activities program
Exceptional Senior Living
- 7323 Delta Commerce Drive, Lansing, MI 48917-1069
- Our community offers an intimate setting, ideal for individuals with limited mobility
- Our emergency response system, complete with emergency pull cords, is monitored 24-hours-a-day, by our trained staff.
- Our beauty/barber shop is conveniently located on the main level and is run by local, reputable stylists.
- Our backyard patio is a great place to dine and enjoy family.
- Complete with a cozy fireplace, our family room is a great place to visit with friends and/or entertain family.
More than Ordinary. Extraordinary.
- 2251 Springport Road, Jackson, MI 49202
- One meal per day in either the Magnolia Room (buffet-style) or the Rose Room (restaurant-style)
- Scheduled local transportation and special event excursions
- Grande Room auditorium with customized sound system for the hearing impaired
- Full schedule of social, cultural and recreational activities
- Full-time housekeeping and maintenance staff
A Great Place to Call Home
- 805 West Middle Street, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Beautiful 58 -acre campus is situated in the historic City of Chelsea, just minutes from Ann Arbor
- As a resident you can choose from a wide variety of programs, classes and events
- When you become a resident of Chelsea Retirement Community, we pledge to provide services to you for the remainder of your life.
- If longevity or care needs should deplete your financial resources, we will continue to provide excellent care no matter where you are living within our campus walls.
- Our award-winning and professional chefs, dieticians and kitchen staff love their work... and it shows in every meal we serve.
Vibrant Retirement Living Near Ann Arbor
- 100 Silver Maples Drive, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Three types of residential accommodations for you to personalize
- Independent and residential style living and licensed assisted living accommodations
- All residential accommodations are maintenance-free inside and out and include all utilities, except for phone and cable television.
- Residents and their guests may choose from restaurant-style formal dining, or choose to eat in our Bistro 100 or Courtyard Cafe for a more contemporary setting.
- Salon, spa & barbering
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.