8 Assisted Living Communities in the Norriton Area
Country Living With A Royal Touch
- 100 Freedom Way, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 24-hour personal care staff
- Assistance with personal care needs (bathing, dressing, grooming)
- Fun-filled calendar of social, religious, recreational and educational programs
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Three nutritious meals prepared daily
Exceptional Senior Living
- 500 Brouwers Drive, Latrobe, PA 15650
- Restaurant-style dining
- Assistance with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, and medication reminders
- Our calendars change each month so there’s something for everyone
- Memory care residents have many choices for activities, within our Clare Bridge Daily Path.
Vibrant Senior Living
- 2589 Mosside Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146
- Concierge Services, 24-Hour Security System
- Multi-purpose Great Room, Library and Game Room, Community Kitchen
- On-Site Primary Care and Therapy Services
- Beautician & Barber Services
Exceptional Senior Living
- 7151 Saltsburg Road, Penn Hills, PA 15235
- Personal Assistance
- Health and Wellness
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Home-Like Environment
- Convenient amenities including a hair salon, library, courtyard and garden, and Wi-Fi access throughout the community.
A Personal Care Community
- 7990 Route 30, North Huntingdon, PA 15642
- With fulfilling activities inside and outside of the community, Walden’s View residents have on average over 150 varied and exciting activities to select from each month.
- The residents of Walden’s View enjoy outings to many different locations.
- Step into the Walden’s View movie theater to watch films from the past and present.
- Walden’s View Chapel is a place for your loved one to continue their spiritual journey an attend services of the denomination of their choice.
- With a courtyard and spacious attached outdoor deck, residents can enjoy the sunshine with a wide array of outdoor activities available.
Nuturing the spirit of life
- 107 Fall Run Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
- Delicious restaurant-style all-day dining, snacks and guest meals prepared by our chef.
- Connections Activities program, offering exciting and diverse recreational and leisure activities, personalized to our resident’s interests and desires.
- Innovative Connect4Life program which provides on-site access to primary care, physical, occupation, and speech therapy, as well as outside care coordinated by our medical concierge.
- Scheduled transportation services for shopping, dining and special events.
- Daily housekeeping and weekly laundry and linen services plus cable TV and Wi-Fi throughout the community.
Discover Real Retirement
- 5850 Meridian Road, Suite 1, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Indoor mall featuring full-service bank, post office, beauty shop, convenience store, restaurant and much more
- Deluxe apartments featuring cherrywood cabinetry, new bathroom vanities, new wallpaper, new lighting and more.
- Maintenance-free 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments
- Continuing education classes, culinary demonstrations, arts & crafts
- Panoramic view of rolling countryside
Living Assistance in Greater Pittsburgh
- 5847 Meridian Road, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Assistance as needed available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to our nursing staff, specialty physicians and therapists
- Numerous activities such as exercise classes, games, and free shows and entertainment at Kean Theatre
- Nutritious meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Beauty/barber shop so you don’t have to leave campus, manicured courtyards and trails to explore and stroll
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Norriton Area
Brandywine Living at Senior Suites
Life is Beautiful
- 2101 New Hope Street East, Norriton, PA 19401
- Private suite with bath with all utilities including basic cable and WiFi access
- 24 hour licensed nurses on-site
- Safety & emergency response systems in every suite
- Beautiful common areas & gorgeous courtyards
- Beauty Salon, Movie Theater & Private Dining Room
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.