5 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Norfolk Area
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- Private and Semi Private Rooms w/Their Own Bathrooms
- Farm to Table Home Cooked Meals
- Individualized Care Plans and Daily Activities Calendar
- Large Theater Room, Furnished Outdoor Patio and Fellowship
- Weekly Housekeeping,Linens, Medication Management, Award Winning Memory Care
We listen. We love. We care. We serve.
- Private and Suite rooms with private bath - Daily Activities
- Individualized Care Plans - 24-hour Available Staff
- Weekly Housekeeping/Linens - Trips and Social Programs
- Medication Management - Short Term Respite stays
- Pets Welcome - No Entrance Fees * Award Winning Memory Care
Quality Senior Living
- Resident Centered Care
- Not for Profit Catholic Community, Sponsored by the Richmond Diocese
- Extensive Assisted Living When Traditional Assisted Living is Not Enough
- The Christopher Center-Specialized Dementia and Alzheimer's Care
- Nursing Center Featuring Spacious Private and Semi-Private Accommodations
We Listen. We love. We Care. We Serve.
- Art, Music and Fellowship
- Daily Activities, Trips and Social Program, Regular Exercise Classes
- Individualized Care Plans and Award Winning Memory Care
- Screened Porch with Rockers
- Family Night Buffet and Entertainment
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- Farm to Table Dining and nutritional meals and snacks are served in one of our elegant dining rooms
- Thanks to two enthusiastic Activities Directors on staff and many caring volunteers, Churchland House is bustling with activity for residents of all abilities
- Residents can enjoy time in the property's new Solarium, which exits onto to a furnished courtyard - perfect for energizing fresh air and peaceful reflection
- For those looking for the front-porch comforts of home, Churchland House offers a sunroom full of warmth and views of the outdoors
- Award Winning Memory Care
6 Assisted Living Communities in the Norfolk Area
There's nothing like living near the ocean -- the breezes, the views, the warm days.
- All-Inclusive Rates-No Hidden Fees
- Fine Dining with Delicious Home Cooked Meals
- Dedicated,Secure Dementia Wing
- 24-Hour Professional Nursing Staff
- Interesting and Varied Recreational Opportunities
A fresh approach to assisted living...the neighborhood concept
- 6403 Granby St, Norfolk, VA 23505
- Assisted Living, Private one and two Bedroom Suites
- Respite Care for up to 30 days
- Specialized Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Neighborhood
- Activities led by licensed Recreation Therapist
- 24 hour supervision by nursing staff
A Hampton Roads full-service Continuing Care Retirement Community.
- One Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510
- Restaurant style dinning, 3 meals daily
- Personalized activities program with organized outings/Holistic fitness program
- 24-hour nursing coverage/Medication administration
- Utilities included (except telephone)/Emergency response system
- 33 private spacious apartments/Daily housekeeping
The Waterford at Virginia Beach is the perfect retreat for seniors looking to settle down while enjoying access to first-rate amenities and convenient services.
- 5417 Wesleyan Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23455
- Speciality Care in Alzheimer's and Dementia Care.
- Elegant On-Site Dining Room Including 3 meals Daily W/Menu Choices
- 24 Hour Professionally Trained Staff
- Weekly Housekeeping, Personal Laundry & Linens Included.
- Close monitoring of residents whereabouts and condition, including daytime, evening and nighttime checks
When it feels like home, It must be Karolwood Gardens at Portsmouth
- One Bon Secours Way, Portsmouth, VA 23703
- All Inclusive Rates
- Several Suite Styles & Sizes To Choose From/Screened Porch Overlooking Courtyard
- Planned Outings and Off Site Activities/Full Time CNA's and LPN
- 3 Meals Served Daily With 2 Snacks
- Respite Care (30 Days or Less)
Artful Senior Living in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 2077 S. Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23453
- No costly buy-in/No long-term leases
- Affordable monthly rent
- Chef-inspired meals
- Large spacious apartments
- State-of-the-art emergency call system
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Norfolk Area
The Gardens of Virginia Beach
Senior Living Community in Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Gardens of Virginia Beach
- 5620 Wesleyan Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23455
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily,
- Housekeeping, personal laundry & linen service,
- Daily activities and programs including physical-fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual.
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day.
- Highly trained staff in Alzheimer's/Dementia care
Live The Charmed Life!
- 5345 Marian Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- All Utilities Included!
- Delicious, Nutritious, and Delightful Restaurant-style Dining Experiences at Marian Manor
- On Site Rehabilitation Services to Address the Emotional and Physical Needs of Each Resident.
- Award Winning Activities Program and Social Calendar
- An Inspiring Chapel, Lakeside Sunsets and Spacious Apartments
The Lipton House
It's Not "Home-Like"... it's Home!
- Near VB Town Center, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- Resident Centered Care Plans
- Three Healthy Meals & Snacks Daily
- Housekeeping & Laundry Services
- Physical,Occupational & Speech Therapy, Hospice Services
- Private or Semi-private Rooms & Bathrooms
The Terrace at Beth Sholom Village
Comfortable Assisted Living in Virginia Beach
- 1049 College Park Square, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
- Licensed Nurse On Duty - Medication Management
- 3 Kosher Meals Daily
- Social & Recreational Activities
- Open to All Faiths
- Memory Enhancement Center
The Villages of Rosemont
Sentara Adult Day Health Center Where Your Loved One Is Family !
- 3751 Sentara Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- The Villages of Rosemont offers personalized assisted living services for seniors who need extra support with daily tasks
- Our expert staff is here to help you or your loved one find more opportunities to explore interests and hobbies
- With a nearby boardwalk, local shopping malls and a nearby aquarium, there’s plenty of opportunities to follow your passions
- Nutritious Meals, Daily Activities and Comfortable Homelike Setting
- Our community is located in a quiet neighborhood in Virginia Beach that’s perfect for residents to explore
See What Modern Senior Living Looks Like
- 1508 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- First-rate amenities, entertainment and activities. Fun with Food. Education and Recreation.
- Wellness Support, nutrition counseling, regular care assessments and daily exercise and wellness classes
- Delicious and nutritious culinary options
- Specialized trained staff and team of caregivers
- Flexible respite services available & spacious floor plans
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.