1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the New Oxford Area
Affordable, Person-Centered Senior Living in Springwood
- Our Personal Care living option is perfect for area seniors who can benefit from available 24-hour care and service and who want a worry-free lifestyle that eliminates the demands of maintaining a home.
- Offering styling living homes
- Chef Prepared Dining and exceptional amenities
- Daily Activities and Social Events
- Personalized Care
7 Assisted Living Communities in the New Oxford Area
Exceeding your Expectations
- 2990 Carlisle Pike, New Oxford, PA 17350
- Cross Keys Village is the largest single-site nonprofit retirement community in Pennsylvania (5th largest in the U.S.)
- Spacious and well-appointed cottage, country home, and apartment residences situated on more than 250 acres of some of the most beautiful countryside in Pennsylvania
- Plentiful opportunities for invigorating, healthful living, everything from an indoor aquatic center, cardiovascular training room, and full schedule of fitness classes, to a massage therapy suite, day spa, and cafe
- Three on-site restaurants, full-service banking, a beauty salon and barber shop, a library, worship services, free transportation, and more
- Should you ever need additional levels of care of medical attention, you're in good hands at Cross Keys
We listen. We love. We care. We serve.
- 1120 York Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090
- 24-Hour Emergency Call System
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Daily Activities, Trips, & Social Programs
- Farm-to-Table Dining
- Daily Housekeeping and Weekly Linen Services
Enhanced Personal Care and Respite Care
- 2405 Knob Hill Road, York, PA 17403
- Care staff on-site 24/7; Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and grooming; Medication administration and monitoring
- Restaurant-style dining; 3 Chef-prepared meals a day, plus snacks
- Wide range of activities to nourish the mind, body, and soul including live entertainment, pet therapy visits, spiritual programs, happy hour, and more!
- Outings for shopping, dining, museums, local parks, and local festivals; Transportation assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
Come home to Brightview Westminster Ridge.
- 505 High Acre Drive, Westminster, MD 21157
- Deluxe one- and two-bedroom apartments/Many apartments with balcony or patio
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, garbage disposal and refrigerator with ice maker
- Well-stocked library with computer access stations
- Fitness center with senior-friendly equipment
- Full-service beauty/barber shop
Enhanced Senior Living in Westminster
- 45 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157
- 167-sq.-foot studios, 200-sq.-foot one bedrooms and 397-sq.-foot two bedrooms/one bath; some furnished
- All utilities except basic cable and telephone included
- Parties, socials, hobby and game groups
- Off-site excursions, including luncheons
- Pets welcome (up to 25 lbs.)
Every walk in The Woods is special!
- 824 Lisburn Road, Camp Hill, PA 17011
- Three nutritious meals cooked fresh daily
- Fun-filled calendar of social, religious, recreational and educational programs
- Weekly housekeeping
- Bath and bed linen services
- State-of-the-art fitness center, library, chapel, movie theater and on-site salon services
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1100 Grandon Way, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
- Fireside Living Room, Library, Chapel, Game Room, Beauty/Barber Shop
- Therapy Room
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Landscaped Grounds, Walking Paths
- Pet Friendly
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.