1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Mandeville Area
6 Assisted Living Communities in the Mandeville Area
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1414 N. Causeway Blvd., Mandeville, LA 70471
- Set on 2 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard
- Located close to 190 West Causeway Blvd and Interstate 112
- 84 apartments all on one level for easy access
- With its family-friendly atmosphere, Emeritus at Mandeville feels like home the moment you walk through the doors
Covington Louisiana 55+ Life Plan Community
- 100 Christwood Blvd., Covington, LA 70433
- 66 landscaped and wooded acres near charming towns and fishing villages; New Orleans, Lake Pontchartrain and Gulf Coast attractions nearby
- Fitness room, exercise classes and walking trails
- Gazebo and fishing pond with pier and fire pit
- Beyond your front door, you'll find gourmet, restaurant-inspired dining; a convenience shop; hair salon; library and so much more.
- From housekeeping and home maintenance to nurturing our blooming landscape to driving scheduled trips around town, our attentive staff tends to every detail.
NOW OFFERING ASSISTED LIVING ~ CALL US FOR DETAILS!
- 4104 Dauphine St., Slidell, LA 70458
- Two delicious home-cooked meals each day (other meal options available)
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Paid utilities (except electricity, phone and Internet)
- Scheduled transportation to doctor's appointments, shopping, outings, tours, and more
- Planned group activities and special events
It's a New Day in Senior Living
- 2200 Gause Blvd., Slidell, LA 70461
- Private or companion suites with full bath and a choice of floor plans
- A variety of comfortable community areas, including private dining room for family or guests and living room areas
- Beautifully manicured landscaping and gardens
- Full-service beauty/barber shop
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as, dressing, bathing, medication management, continence and mobility
The Life You Want. The Care You Need. The Joy of Every Day.
- 3732 West Esplanade Avenue, Metairie, LA 70002
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
Assisted Living & Memory Care in Kenner, LA
- 1600 Joe Yenni Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70065
- Set on five acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and lovely gardens
- Located close to Williams Blvd., I-10 and Veterans Highway
- 123 apartments on two floors
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, TV room and activities center, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- We also offer a wide range of activities each month, including exercise classes and community outings to the local casino
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.