5 Assisted Living Communities in the Lincoln Area
4451 Old Cheney Road, Lincoln, NE 68516
- An extension of your home, your apartment is yours to personalize and decorate to your unique tastes
- Home-style food at the Family Table
- Registered Nurse Provides Care Coordination
- Life Enrichment & Support Programs
- Every customized service plan is all inclusive, with no hidden charges
Enhancing the Quality of Life for Those We Serve
6800 A Street, Lincoln, NE 68510
- Kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves
- Seven acres of beautifully landscaped grounds
- Library & card room
- Beauty and barber shop
- 24-hour staffing & emergency call pendant system
Welcome Home to Distinctive Living
3500 Faulkner Drive, Lincoln, NE 68516-6634
- Indoor warm-water swimming pool and whirlpool spa
- Woodworking shop
- Village Theatre
- Barbershop and beauty salon
- Emporium and Coffee Shoppe
Quality, Affordable Assisted Living in Lincoln Nebraska
7208 Van Dorn St., Lincoln, NE 68506
- 24-hour Care Staff
- Country store that includes a soft serve ice cream and popcorn machine with popcorn made daily
- Walk in Closets Available in Most Apartments
- Individual Climate Control
- Full-size Refrigerators
Excellence in Senior Living
500 Heartland Park Drive, Seward, NE 68434
- Emergency call systems in each apartment
- Scheduled transportation
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Apartment maintenance
- 3 delicious meals served daily
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.