1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Lenoir Area
BEST SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY IN NEWTON, NC
- Restaurant-Style Dining with Tableside Service
- Daily Activities, Recreation & Social Events
- Professional Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Pet-Friendly Community
- Move-In & Pharmacy Coordination
5 Assisted Living Communities in the Lenoir Area
Exceptional Senior Living
1145 Powell Road, Lenoir, NC 28645
- Brookdale Lenoir was designed and built to provide the comfort, beauty and privacy you'd find in your own home. The innovative design provides private apartments as well as charming, home-like community areas for socializing, dining, and entertaining.
- Private apartments are available in a variety of styles and sizes. Brookdale Lenoir is an intimate, single-story building which makes all community areas easily accessible for individuals with limited mobility.
- At Brookdale Lenoir, we partner with each resident to design an individualized, personal service plan.
- Personalized service plans are reviewed regularly by staff to ensure that we meet the changing needs of our residents. Our trained staff is there to assist with personal needs - bathing or showering, selection of clothing, dressing assistance, grooming, hygiene, mobility and transferring and dining assistance - 24 hours a day.
- Integral to life at Brookdale Lenoir are the programs, outings and opportunities we offer to our residents. Our philosophy is to incorporate not only residents' interests, but opportunities that allow them to make meaningful contributions to each other and the community on a regular basis.
Caring with Excellence
621 Chestnut Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock, NC 28605
- Spacious Private and Semi-Private Suites
- Dedicated Rehabilitation Unit
- Salon Services and Spa Bathing Rooms
- Flat Screen TV and Complimentary Cable
- Admissions 7 Days a Week
Person Centered * Service Focused * Passion Driven
- RN Oversight; CNA/Med Tech available 24/7
- Medication Management
- 3 meals created daily by registered dietician
- Horizons- a specialized & secure program for Alzheimer's & dementia residents
- Social & educational activities
Let us help with the transition
1410 Boston Road, Newton, NC 28658
- Our fully stocked kitchen can accommodate any dietary needs.
- Our intimate size means we can provide personally tailored care 24 hours a day.
- Laundry service is provided at no additional cost to the resident.
- We coordinate appointment scheduling, transportation and provider referrals.
- Our residents enjoy plenty of recreational and social activities!
Welcome to Abernethy Laurels
102 Leonard Avenue, Newton, NC 28658
- On-site bank, gift shop, libraries, barber/beauty salon
- 24-hr security
- Walking trails, gardens, woodshop and craft rooms
- Activities and transportation
- On-site chapel
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.