3 Assisted Living Communities in the Hurricane Area
Welcome to Broadmore Senior Living at Teays Valley in Hurricane, WV
- 4000 Outlook Drive, Hurricane, WV 25526
- 24 hour Licensed Nurses on call
- Home-style cooking, served table-side by our wait staff
- Private parlor areas may be utilized for family gatherings
- Guests are always invited to join residents for meals and activities
- Enclosed courtyard with walking paths (Memory Care Neighborhood)
Personal Care Senior Living Community in Russell KY
- 1000 Addington Drive, Russell, KY 41169
- Spacious Resident Visiting Areas
- Nutritious Dining Program
- Health, Wellness & Medication Management
- Planned Activities & Scheduled Trips
- Inclusive Utilities
Opt Out of Average Senior Living
- 150 Browns Road, Marietta, OH 45750
- Set on five acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens and walking trails
- Located close to Ohio State Route 7 just over the border from Pennsylvania
- 89 apartments on one floor for easy access
- Choice of available private or companion living senior apartments
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Hurricane Area
Brookdale Charleston Gardens
Exceptional Senior Living
- 800 Association Drive North, Charleston, WV 25311
- 310-sq.-foot studios, 474-sq.-foot one bedrooms, 474-sq.-foot two bedrooms, one bath, 620-sq.-foot suites
- Kitchenette with refrigerator
- Off-site excursions, including community outings to the symphony and the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences of West Virginia
- 3 meals a day, served restaurant-style
- Laundry and linen service
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.