2 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Huntsville Area
Redstone Village, a locally owned and operated CCRC, is nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians in the beautiful Huntsville, Alabama.
- 12000 Turnmeyer Drive, Huntsville, AL 35803
- While you're enjoying a carefree life, we're doing the chores - housekeeping, maintenance and lawn care.
- Want to travel? Just close your door and set off on your latest adventure. Your 24-hour security makes living that easy.
- Formal and informal dinning venues offer delicious and healthy meals when you're in the mood for conversation - not cooking.
- A hair salon, mail room, fitness center, business and computer center offer even more daily convenience.
- We provide underground parking. Transportation is available on schedule or by appointment.
Enjoy life, dignity, choice and independence.
- 6016 Wall Triana Highway, Madison, AL 35758
- 30 spacious Assisted Living Apartments, consisting of 6 suites and 24 studio units
- 12 spacious Garden Apartments to accommodate today's active seniors
- Wireless Emergency Call System in Each Unit
- Scheduled Transportation Services in Village Vehicle
- Water, Sewer and Cable Television Services are included in the Monthly Lease Fee
8 Assisted Living Communities in the Huntsville Area
Alabama Senior Living at its Finest
- 2815 Carl T. Jones Drive SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Emergency call system
- Private balcony or patio
- Custom mini-blinds on all windows
- Spacious closets
Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best
- 2004 Max Luther Drive, Huntsville, AL 35810
- Catered-living independent apartments
- Licensed assisted living and memory care apartments
- A private skilled health care facility, Regency Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Pool and pavilion area
- Three delicious restaurant style meals
Madison Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- 121 Brookridge Drive, Madison, AL 35758
- 175 senior living apartments. Choose from studios, one and two bedroom apartments
- Independent living, assisted living, memory care and respite care services. Take advantage of personal care services if needed
- Anytime Dining. Enjoy fresh, restaurant-style meals served on your schedule - 7 am to 7 pm - 7 days a week
- Active Living. Pursue physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual interests
Independence, Dignity and Choice.
- 4200 Chris Drive, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Nurse supervised, 24-hour staff attention
- Seven levels of service
- 10 homestyle meals daily
- Planned off and on-site recreation
- Weekly thorough housekeeping and daily tidy up
Affordable, Person-Centered Senior Living
- 8020 Benaroya Ln SW, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Private and shared assisted living apartments
- Charming, home-like community settings
- Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
- Easy access for those with limited mobility
- Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams
Vibrant Huntsville Area Assisted Living
- 49 Hughes Road, Madison, AL 35758
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
- Comfortable common areas, tastefully decorated
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
- Choice of suite layouts
- Weekly housekeeping
Call Our Community Home
- 372 Jimmy Fisk Road, Hazel Green, AL 35750
- Safe and secure environment
- Three delicious meals
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Social environment & activities
- Staffed trained in Alzheimer's care
Welcome to Agape Manor
- 2582 Charity Lane, Hazel Green, AL 35750
- Private suites and baths
- Home cooked meals and snacks
- Assistance with bathing and dining
- In-house beauty and barber shop
- Activities and social events
Other Assisted Living Communities in the Huntsville Area
HarborChase of Huntsville
Welcome to HarborChase of Huntsville, Alabama
- 4801 Whitesport Circle, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Spacious accommodations give you a great view of North Alabama and its spectacular mountains
- Delicious meals in a well-appointed dining room
- 24-hour nursing care, you have the peace of mind that you and your loved ones will be cared for by highly trained associates
- A wide variety of activities and excursions
- Spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual programs any day of the week, and we'd love to have the family join us, too
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.