8 Assisted Living Communities in the Biddeford Area
We are your home away from home.
- 10 May Street, Biddeford, ME 04005
- Comprehensive Restorative Program
- All-inclusive Care Planning
- Local transportation and Scheduling of all medically-required appointments.
- Beauty/Barber Shop Services
- Individualized Menu Selections
From Our Home Cooked Meals to Our Community Cat & Dog, You'll Feel Right at Home.
- 1 Huntington Common Drive, Kennebunk, ME 04043
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
One of the best assisted living communities in Kennebunk, ME
- One Penny Lane, Kennebunk, ME 04043
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
Premier Assisted Living & Memory Care
- 600 Commerce Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074
- Savor delicious meals in our gracious, comfortable dining room.
- Leave the driving to us with our courtesy-scheduled transportation to appointments.
- Live free from day-to-day chores.
- Participate in organized activities such as lectures, current events, arts and crafts, games, clubs, and religious services.
- Keep fit through exercise classes, walking, and yoga.
Maine's only lifecare retirement community; One of the Best Places to Retire in Maine
- 15 Piper Road, Scarborough, ME 04074
- Full and lifetime prepaid health care, prepaid supportive services and shelter that include a true continuum of care from independent living through nursing home care
- A maintenance fee that may not increase (excepting annual increases applicable to all members of the community and increases resulting from the selection of optional services offered by the community) regardless of the level of services provided the retiree or change in the retiree's accommodations
- Neither the retiree nor any third party (excepting the retiree's insurer) is liable for the cost of health care or supportive services, other than optional services, provided by the retirement community
- The retirement community provides full and lifetime health care, supportive services and shelter without reduction so long as a retiree has not intentionally depleted the community's resources.
Assisted Living Specializing in Memory Care
- 86 Sanford Road, Wells, ME 04090
- Private and semi-private apartments in a separate and secure environment
- Three Delicious Daily Meals
- Wellness & Exercise Programs
- Cultural & Educational Activities
- Short-Stay Respite Program
Let us make your move to Birchwoods at Canco simple!
- 86 Holiday Drive, Portland, ME 04103
- Studio and one bedroom apartments with space-maximizing floor plans
- Spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers for optimum safety
- Convenient kitchenettes with refrigerator, sink, microwave oven, and roomy cabinets
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our gracious dining room
- Full-time Activity Director coordinates an array of get-togethers, classes, and interest groups to rejuvenate body, mind, and spirit
Welcome to Bay Square at Yarmouth Senior Living in Yarmouth, ME
- 27 Forest Falls Drive, Yarmouth, ME 04096
- A variety of private apartment styles and sizes
- Bathrooms designed for easy movement and safety
- Private dining room for special gatherings
- Beauty & barber shop
- Located just beyond the beautiful Royal River
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.