1 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Bellingham Area
Welcome to Retirement Perfected™
223 E Bakerview Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226
- 24-hour staff
- Delicious meals every day, plus snacks
- Rooms filled with natural light
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Handicapped accessible bathrooms
5 Assisted Living Communities in the Bellingham Area
Exceptional Senior Living
2600 Old Fairhaven Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98225
- Personal Assistance - Need an extra hand with bathing and dressing? No problem. Our kind and supportive care team can help you with daily tasks so you can focus on what matters most—living life to the fullest.
- Health and Wellness - We take a holistic approach to your wellness by focusing on six dimensions (intellectual, purposeful, social, physical, spiritual, and positive emotion) to help keep you growing.
- Lifestyle Services - You’ll have the comforts of home plus a helping hand to meet your needs. Best of all, our cozy community has convenient amenities and an exciting social calendar.
- Home-Like Environment - From your private apartment to our comfortable community spaces, we think our space will feel like your place in no time.
- Dining - You’ll enjoy sumptuous restaurant-style meals, such as pork roast with horseradish and herbs or chicken a la king, giving you plenty of time to enjoy great dinner table conversations. Best of all, we’ll take care of the dishes!
Independent Living & Assisted Living in Bellingham, WA
4415 Columbine Drive, Bellingham, WA 98226
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartments with kitchenettes
- Two bedroom cottages with single car garage
- Month to month rental, no buy-in required
- Anytime Dining served restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
Welcome Home to Where the Heart Is!
410 Norris Street, Burlington, WA 98233
- Exceptional Accommodations – Our community features spacious apartments that are cozy and conveniently located near the common areas. Residents enjoy the sunroom, theatre, and beautiful courtyards and gardens.
- 5-Star Cuisine – A dedicated Chef who prepares a wide variety of meals, including traditional Holiday dinners and resident favorites.
- Social Outings – Residents enjoy our many stimulating activities, including art therapy, family movie nights, happy hours, parades, painting day, and more!
- Spiritual Services – Our community offers regular services to residents to meet their spiritual needs.
- Engaging Clubs and Resident Council – Our community provides residents with a variety of clubs. Residents enjoy engaging in leadership roles on Resident Council and getting involved in community initiatives.
Discover assisted living in Mount Vernon, Washington
301 S Laventure Rd, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Associates are available for assistance 24/7
- Delicious restaurant-style dining
- Assistance with medication management
- A full calendar of social, recreational and wellness activities
- Housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation
204 North First Street, La Conner, WA 98257
- Regularly scheduled social, cultural and educational events that stimulate the mind, body and spirit
- Weekly housekeeping, routine apartment maintenance and 24-hour onsite staff
- Large, elegant common living spaces
- Twenty-four hour juice bar and nourishing snacks
- Central location near shops and other activities
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.