4 Assisted Living Communities in the Arkansas City Area
Welcome home to Alderbrook Village Assisted Living
- 402 Windsor Road, Arkansas City, KS 67005-3894
- Sterling House of Arkansas City offers Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors
- Our personalized assessment evaluates your individual needs and preferences. Then we customize a service plan to meet those needs and preferences. Your personalized plan is based upon the amount of time it takes to provide quality services. Therefore, you only pay for what you need and want.
- Professional nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services to our residents. Our nurses are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our main dining room offers a beautiful setting and a friendly staff waiting to serve you. Reserved seating is available for residents.
- Our spacious family room can be used for various social gatherings and events. Complete with a cozy fireplace, our family room is a great place to visit with friends and/or entertain family.
WELCOME TO THE RENAISSANCE OF PONCA CITY
- 2616 Turner Road, Ponca City, OK 74604
- Engaging Life Enrichment Program
- Warm, home-like atmosphere
- Staff available 24 hours a day
- Scheduled transportation
- Lush parks, beautiful lake views, and a number of shopping, dining, and entertainment options nearby
Welcome to our Creekside family.
- 1500 East Bradley Avenue, Ponca City, OK 74604
- Spacious Studio and One-Bedroom Apartments
- Resident-Centric Care Available for Your Specific Needs
- Caring, Passionate Staff Available Around the Clock
- Beautifully Landscaped and Secure Campus
- Emergency Call System
Quality Senior Living in Wellington, Kansas
- 500 North Plum Street, Wellington, KS 67152-3574
- Private apartments
- Charming, home-like community settings
- Areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
- Easy access for those with limited mobility
- Service fees based on need
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.