3 Featured Assisted Living Communities in the Allentown Area
Affordable, Resident-Focused Senior Living
- 24-Hour Access to Personal Care Services
- Community Activities Scheduled by Our Life Enrichment Director
- Transportation to Scheduled Community Activities
- Memory Care- Secure, Safe Environment
- Emergency Call System Located in All Residents Rooms and Baths.
Inviting, Peaceful, Affordable.
- Our community’s Personal Care and Memory Care buildings share a stunning, natural setting surrounded by majestic forests
- 24-hour care and service
- Hidden Meadows on the Ridge proudly offers six (6), senior-focused lifestyle programs, all of which represent benefits that are 100% exclusive to our community.
- Close proximity to Grand View Hospital
- Contact a Senior Lifestyle Counselor at our community today, and ask how you and a guest can each receive a free, chef-prepared lunch when you visit our lovely, hometown community.
Compassionate Care. Enriched Lifestyle.
- Customized Senior-Living Lifsteyle
- Safe, Secure & Friendly Community
- No Buy-ins or Long Term Commitments
- Peace of Mind for you and your loved ones
- Discover our designer remodeled community!
6 Assisted Living Communities in the Allentown Area
Home Is Right Around the Corner
1545 W Greenleaf Street, Allentown, PA 18102
- Our residents are assigned a pendant to wear when they move in. This pendant can be pressed to request assistance from the staff, and is linked to the resident’s room number.
- A variety of living options, from single rooms to apartment suites.
- Weekly laundry and routine housekeeping
- An array of activities each day
- Respite care
Independent and Supportive Senior Living in Bethlehem, PA
1745 West Macada Road, Bethlehem, PA 18017
- 24-Hour Staff, Emergency Alert System
- 3 Chef-Prepared Meals Per Day
- Daily Educational, Social, Cultural, and Fitness Opportunities
- Housekeeping and Linen Service, On-Site Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy
- Scheduled Bus and Sedan Transportation
There's Always Time for a Little Magic!
300 Perkiomen Avenue, Schwenksville, PA 19473
- Personal Care, Independent Living and Memory Care
- Compassionate Holistic Care, Community Centered Events and Activities
- Cognitive Based Activities, Cuisine and Nutrition
- Cardiovascular and Physical Health
- Private, Companion and Independent Living Suites
Welcome to The Chelsea at Brookfield
1 Brookfield Court, Belvidere, NJ 07823
- 24-hour professional trained staff
- Daily scheduled activities
- Restaurant-style dining room with delicious, nutritious menu choices
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Specialized 24-hour care for those with memory care needs
800 Manor Drive, Chalfont, PA 18914
- Three Five Star meals daily
- On-site Ageility Rehab and Fitness clinic that offers speech, physical and occupational therapy
- Lifestyle360 activities, group trips and clubs
- Team members who focus on helping you thrive and stay engaged
- Medical resources tailored to you; Weekly housekeeping and linen service
Personal Care and Memory Care in North Wales, PA
1089/1091 Horsham Road, North Wales, PA 19454
- Personalized Service Assessment and Plan
- Assistance with Personal Needs
- Three Nutritious and Appetizing Meals Served Daily
- Social and Recreational Program, Wellness Program, Community Outings
- Scheduled Transportation, Weekly Housekeeping and Laundry Service
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.