7 Assisted Living Communities in the Adrian Area
Exceptional Senior Living in Adrian, Michigan!
- 1200 Corporate Drive, Adrian, MI 49221
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Emergency response system for added peace of mind
- Patio for private outdoor living space
- Walk-in shower or tub/shower combination
- Small pets allowed
Creating Communities...Changing Lives
- 200 Brecon Drive, Saline, MI 48176
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Wellness/Exercise Center
- Activities and Events
- On-site Banking
- Housekeeping Services
We Promote Successful Aging
- 5020 Ryan Road, Toledo, OH 43614
- Private and companion studios
- All utilities including basic cable TV
- 3 meals daily served in the main dining room
- Weekly housekeeping
- Planned daily activities
Vibrant Retirement Living Near Ann Arbor
- 100 Silver Maples Drive, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Three types of residential accommodations for you to personalize
- Independent and residential style living and licensed assisted living accommodations
- All residential accommodations are maintenance-free inside and out and include all utilities, except for phone and cable television.
- Residents and their guests may choose from restaurant-style formal dining, or choose to eat in our Bistro 100 or Courtyard Cafe for a more contemporary setting.
- Salon, spa & barbering
A Great Place to Call Home
- 805 West Middle Street, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Beautiful 58 -acre campus is situated in the historic City of Chelsea, just minutes from Ann Arbor
- As a resident you can choose from a wide variety of programs, classes and events
- When you become a resident of Chelsea Retirement Community, we pledge to provide services to you for the remainder of your life.
- If longevity or care needs should deplete your financial resources, we will continue to provide excellent care no matter where you are living within our campus walls.
- Our award-winning and professional chefs, dieticians and kitchen staff love their work... and it shows in every meal we serve.
it feels just like home...
- 5069 Otterbein Way, Monclova, OH 43542
- One-story house
- Spacious great room with a hearth area
- Beautiful patio
- Residential kitchen for cooking favorite recipes
- Private suites for each resident
Exceptional Senior Living
- 2190 Ann Arbor-Saline Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Service fees based on need
- Delivering quality service and care to each individual
- Regular review of service plans to meet residents' changing needs
- Trained staff to assist with activities of daily living, 24/7
- We invite you to come experience Exceptional Senior Living at Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor today!
What are Assisted Living Communities?
Assisted living communities are not nursing homes. While definitions vary across states, an assisted living community is generally defined as a senior housing residential setting that provides or coordinates personal care services, 24-hour supervision, scheduled and unscheduled assistance, social activities, and some health-related services. Such communities provide a family atmosphere and are designed to accommodate residents’ changing care needs and preferences. They provide or arrange for the provision of daily meals and 24-hour assistance with the activities of daily living to persons living in a group residential community.
Assisted living housing can range from a handful of residents in a single home to hundreds of residents in a community that is comprised of apartment buildings, townhome villas and cottages. Amenities and services can also vary widely, from linen service and housekeeping to movie rooms, chapels, libraries, salons, pubs, billiards, private dining rooms, gyms and pools. Many communities will allow you to bring your own furnishings and in some cases, beloved pets. Personalized assessments upon move-in provide individualized care plans that are revisited regularly and updated as needs change. Some communities are also licensed to provide memory care, for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, featuring separate dining areas with menus catered to residents’ nutritional needs, secure courtyards and a safe, structured environment.
Who is a candidate for Assisted Living?
Seniors who wish to maintain a level of independence but require help performing daily activities may benefit from personal care communities. It may be time to consider a move to assisted living if the following are issues:
- Difficulty bathing or getting dressed
- Poor hygiene
- Household disrepair or neglect
- Decreased mobility
- A recent fall
- Trouble preparing meals or nutrition needs aren’t being met
- Missed medications
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial mismanagement
What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
Assisted living communities provide help with daily tasks, such as:
- Bathing and toileting
- Getting dressed
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Administration of medication
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
Not only do assisted living communities provide help with ADLs, they can provide:
- The security of around-the-clock professional staffing
- Social engagement in the form of planned outings and activities
- A healthier lifestyle through nutritious meals and fitness classes
- More free time because cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance are someone else’s responsibility
- Safe and reliable transportation, without auto upkeep or driving in traffic and inclement weather
- Peace of mind from knowing that you or your loved one is being cared for, and that any changing needs will be addressed, possibly without requiring a move.
You can begin your search using our US map above. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, videos, contact information and pricing where available.